This is an easy french toast recipe that you can prepare for a delicious breakfast or snack in just a few minutes. You can turn cooking into a game and let your kids help you prepare this appetizing and flavorful homemade french toast.
Homemade french toast is a simple breakfast with a touch of French charm. It is soft, sweet, and tasty slices of bread soaked in an egg mixture.
This basic french toast recipe includes cheap and simple ingredients that anyone has on hand that can be prepared in less than 20 minutes.
You can serve it with your favorite toppings: powdered sugar, chopped almonds, chocolate chips, maple syrup, fresh berries, or jam.
What Is The Best Bread For French Toast?
Brioche, Challah, and French Baguette are the best bread for french toast. But these aren’t the only types of bread that can be used in this recipe.
You can use any bread you want. Just note that some types of bread will take longer to soak in the egg mixture than others.
How To Make French Toast?
This is a super easy classic french toast recipe. Just whisk together all of the ingredients (except bread slices and butter). Then, dip each bread slice into the beaten egg mixture.
Repeat with the other side. Cook preheated and greased with butter griddle or a skillet until golden brown.
Flip and cook until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining bread slices. When done, transfer to a plate. Serve with your toppings. Enjoy!
- French toasts should be toasted over medium heat. At maximum heat, the slices of bread can burn quickly outside but are still raw inside. Be sure your french toast is completely cooked through.
- You can use more or less sugar depending on your taste.
- This recipe is made for 12 servings. If this is a lot for you, you can quickly reduce the amount of ingredients by half or four.
- You can use any bread you want. Just note that some types of bread will take longer to soak in the egg mixture than others.
- - 4 large eggs, at room temperature;
- - ⅔ cup milk;
- - ⅓ cup granulated sugar;
- - ½ tsp vanilla extract;
- - ⅛ tsp cinnamon;
- - pinch of salt;
- - 12 slices of bread;
- - butter for cooking.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt.
- Preheat a griddle or heat a large skillet over medium heat. Grease with butter. Dip each bread slice into the beaten egg mixture, let it soak slightly. Then, flip and dip the other side.
- Place bread slices on a preheated griddle or skillet. Cook for a few minutes until golden brown. Then, flip and cook the other side. Usually, it takes about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
- When done, transfer to a plate. Serve warm french toasts with a drizzle of your favorite syrup or sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy!