This delicious strawberry cake recipe is a wonderful combination of tender strawberry cake layers and creamy frosting. Strawberry cake made from scratch is amazingly tasty, fluffy, and an extremely beautiful dessert that literally melts in your mouth.
Homemade Strawberry Cake
The best part about making this strawberry cake recipe is that you can prepare it any time of the year and not only during strawberry season. To make this recipe we used strawberry puree made from frozen strawberries, strawberry Jell-O, and strawberry jam. You can also enhance the strawberry color by adding a few drops of red food coloring.
Light and fluffy summer strawberry cake is a great choice for any celebration at any time of the year, as well as a wonderfully sweet addition to a tea party with your family members or with friends.
Strawberry Cake Ingredients:
- Cake flour: Makes. a lighter and fluffier cake than regular all-purpose flour.
- Baking powder and baking soda: Leavening agents that help the batter rise.
- Sugar: You can adjust the amount of sugar to your liking.
- Butter: Creaming the butter and sugar together makes the cake fluffy and airy.
Strawberry Jell-O: Adds strawberry flavor and color.
- Eggs: Should be at room temperature.
- Milk: I used whole milk, but 2% milk works too.
- Strawberry puree: You can make a homemade strawberry puree by blending frozen strawberries in a food processor or a blender.
- Lemon juice: gives it a little zing when combined with strawberry puree.
- Vanilla extract: I recommend you use pure vanilla extract.
- Powdered sugar: Using powdered sugar instead of granulated sugar makes a softer frosting.
- Cream cheese and butter: This should be at room temperature to make a perfectly smooth frosting.
- Strawberry jam: You can skip this ingredient and make simple cream cheese frosting, but I strongly recommend you use it.
How to make Strawberry Sake from scratch?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients – cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside
- In a mixing bowl, cream together softened butter, sugar, and Jell-O using an electric mixer.
- To this mixture, add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Don’t forget to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula every time.
- Using a spatula, mix ⅓ of the dry ingredients and milk alternately into the bowl with the egg mixture until fully combined and all the dry ingredients and milk are added. Then, stir in the strawberry puree, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until no lumps remain. Don’t over-mix the batter.
- Flour and grease two 9-inch cake pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide batter between these two pans. Spread evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before removing them from the pan and adding the frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter. When creamy, beat in powdered sugar. Add strawberry jam and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
Spread frosting on top of the first cake layer. Then, place a second cake layer on top. Cover the entire cake with the remaining frosting evenly and Enjoy!
What frosting goes with strawberry cake?
It’s not necessary to make this frosting with strawberry jam. You can use any frosting you like but I do recommend using this vanilla buttercream frosting and adding the jam if you can.
Tips for the BEST Strawberry Cake:
- You can weigh the batter inside cake pans to be sure that you. are making two identical cakes, but this is not necessary.
- Add more powdered sugar to the frosting if it’s too thin.
- Strawberry cake made from scratch has an even better flavor if it’s refrigerated overnight. already frosted.
Variations & substitutions:
- You can use any type of frosting you want.
- If you don’t have cake flour, you can use all-purpose flour.
- You can add a few drops of red food coloring to your cake batter.
Can you freeze Strawberry Cake?
I don’t like to freeze cakes with frosting. I recommend freezing just the baked and cooled strawberry cakes. You can frost it before serving. Store the cake layers in a freezer for up to 3 months after wrapping them twice with plastic wrap and once with foil.
For the cake:
For the frosting:
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 728Total Fat: 32.3gSaturated Fat: 19.6gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 297mgCarbohydrates: 104.4gFiber: 1gSugar: 79.1gProtein: 8g