These banana chocolate chip muffins have a perfect sweet banana flavor and a moist, delicate texture as well as delicious melted chocolate chips. Chocolate chip banana bread muffins can be ready in less than 30 minutes without much effort.
You will need just a few simple ingredients which I am sure you already have in your kitchen pantry or are easily available at any supermarket.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour: The base ingredient for the batter of your banana chocolate chip muffins.
- Baking powder and baking soda: Leavening agents which make muffins light and fluffy.
- Salt: Enhances the flavor.
- Cinnamon: Pairs perfectly well with bananas and chocolate. Ground cinnamon is what you will need.
- Bananas: Use 2 large ripe bananas (about 1 cup mashed banana).
- Egg: Always use eggs at room temperature for muffins.
- Granulated sugar: Sweetener for these chocolate chip banana bread muffins. You can adjust the amount of sugar depending on your taste.
- Unsalted butter: Makes your muffins soft and flavorful.
- Vanilla extract: Gives amazing aroma.
- Chocolate chips: You can change this ingredient to nuts or dried fruits.
How To Make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Mix together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mash bananas. Then, add an egg, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract to the mashed bananas. Beat using an electric mixer on a low speed until combined. You can do it by hand as well. Just make sure everything is well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Gently stir just until combined. Do not overmix, or the muffins could turn out too dense.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners. Divide the banana chocolate chip muffin batter evenly between them. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until ready.
- Check the readiness using a toothpick inserted in the center, if it comes out clean – the muffins are ready.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly in a muffin tin. Then, transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
How do I keep my muffins moist?
These banana chocolate chip muffins can start drying out if stored at the counter. To keep them moist, just put them in an airtight container or a ziplock bag.
- Don’t open the oven door during the baking process.
- If you don’t have paper liners, you can grease a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Don’t overmix the batter.
If your bananas aren’t ripe, you can bake them for 3-5 minutes in a preheated to 400 F oven until browned.
Making ahead, storing, and freezing:
Making ahead. You can prepare these muffins the day ahead and place them in an airtight container inside the refrigerator. If you want to serve them warm, you can reheat them in the oven. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Wrap the chocolate chip banana bread muffins in foil and reheat in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes or until desired temperature.
Storing. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days, or at the counter for up to 3-4 days. Store in an airtight container or a ziplock bag.
Freezing. You can store these chocolate chip banana bread muffins in the freezer for 2-3 months. Just place them in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag or an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 13.6gSaturated Fat: 8.4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 41.9gFiber: 2.4gSugar: 24.7gProtein: 3.8g