This is my favorite easy banana bread recipe that never fails. It is prepared with simple ingredients without much effort. Ripe bananas are the main ingredient in this simple banana bread recipe that gives the bread its characteristics of amazing sweet banana flavor.
Ingredients you’ll need:
Banana bread with mayo has a crumbly and moist structure, lovely vanilla and banana aroma, and a delicate taste. You can pour your favorite topping or a glaze on top, or just skip it.
- Banana: Use ripe bananas for this recipe.
- Mayonnaise: Includes egg yolk and oil, which make the banana bread rich and moist.
- Egg: Adds structure to the cake.
- Vanilla extract: Gives banana bread a nice vanilla aroma.
- All-purpose flour: This is the base for the banana bread.
- Sugar: The main sweetener.
- Baking powder: Makes the banana bread fluffy.
- Walnuts: Add a nutty taste, crunch, and a great look to the banana bread.
How To Make Banana Bread
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Peel off the bananas and mash them with a fork. Add mayo, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Add chopped walnuts. Stir together just until combined.
- Line a 9×5-inches loaf pan with parchment paper. Leave some paper hanging on both sides for easy removal. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes or until ready. Check the readiness of the banana bread with mayo using a toothpick inserted in the center, if it comes out clean, the banana bread is ready.
- Remove from the oven. Let the banana bread cool, then slice and serve!
Can I use frozen Bananas for Banana Bread?
Yes, you can use frozen bananas for this easy banana bread recipe. It’s a good way not to throw away the ripe bananas that you don’t want to use right away. Just freeze them for later and use them for this simple banana bread recipe.
Tips to Make the BEST Banana Bread:
- Use mayonnaise and egg at room temperature.
- Don’t overmix the batter to prevent your banana bread from being too dense.
- You can use other types of nuts like almonds, pecans, etc.
- I recommend using ripe bananas because they are easier to mash and they have a richer taste.
Store Banana Bread:
You can store leftover banana bread with mayo for 2-3 days at room temperature or for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Just place banana bread slices in an airtight container or use a plastic zipper bag.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 10.4gSaturated Fat: 1.7gCholesterol: 19mgCarbohydrates: 30.6gFiber: 1.6gSugar: 14.9gProtein: 3.7g