Stuffed bell pepper soup is a flavorful and hearty soup that is made with fresh yellow, green, and red bell peppers, ground beef and ground pork, Basmati rice, and a lot of tomatoes! It is very easy to prepare and you can use leftover stuffed pepper filling for this stuffed pepper soup recipe.
Stuffed Pepper Soup Ingredients:
- Olive oil: The best oil to saute onions.
- Onion: We used yellow onion for this stuffed pepper soup recipe, which is the best for soups. Always saute onions before adding them to the soup.
- Garlic: Gives nice flavor and enhances the taste of the stuffed bell pepper soup.
- Ground beef: Classic filling for stuffed bell peppers. I like to use lean ground beef.
- Ground pork: You can also use ground sausage.
- Beef broth: Makes the base for the soup. For a healthier version, use low-sodium beef broth.
- Tomato sauce and diced tomatoes: Give a rich tomato flavor.
- Bell pepper: We used green, yellow, and red bell peppers in this stuffed pepper soup recipe.
- Basmati rice: You can also use other types of long-grain rice. You can use cooked leftover rice.
- Dried oregano and basil: These dry herbs are perfect for stuffed pepper soup.
How To Make Stuffed Pepper Soup?
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and onions. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the onions are translucent and tender. Then, add the minced garlic and cook for 40-60 seconds more.
- Add the ground beef and ground pork. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned. Then, drain the excess fat.
- Pour in the beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, bell peppers, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir together and place the lid on. Simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the bell peppers are softened.
- Adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper, if needed. Add cooked rice. Stir and simmer until the rice is warmed up. Enjoy!
What To Serve with Stuffed Pepper Soup?
I like to serve stuffed green pepper soup with fresh bread. But fresh salad or roasted vegetables would be great side dishes to make it a complete meal.
How to Store Stuffed Pepper Soup
Store stuffed bell pepper soup in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Can You Freeze Stuffed Pepper Soup?
Yes, this stuffed bell pepper soup freezes well. Place it in freezer-safe plastic bags, release excess air from the bag, and. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- 1 tbsp olive oil;
- 2 medium onions, diced;
- 2 tsp garlic, minced;
- 1 lb lean ground beef;
- ½ lb ground pork;
- 4 cups beef broth;
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce;
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes;
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced;
- 1 red bell pepper, diced;
- 1 green bell pepper, diced;
- ½ tsp dried basil;
- ½ tsp dried oregano;
- 1 cup Basmati rice, cooked;
- salt and pepper, to taste;
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and onions. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the onions are translucent and tender.
- add the minced garlic and cook for 40-60 seconds.
- Mix in the ground beef and ground pork. Season with salt and pepper.Cook until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, bell peppers, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir together and place the lid on. Simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the bell peppers are tender.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed, adding more salt and pepper. Stir in the cooked rice and simmer until the rice is warmed up. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 20.3gSaturated Fat: 7.3gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 676mgCarbohydrates: 18.6gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 3.4gProtein: 18.1g