I know it can be intimidating to cook scallops, especially bay scallops. They are tiny compared to sea scallops and cook very fast. Some people use them in soups, pasta recipes, or seafood salads. If you cook them for too long, they become tough and lose their soft texture.
This broiled scallops recipe is quick and easy and they turn out tender and delicious. It takes virtually less than 15 mins to make broiled scallops, and they are always perfect, so don’t be afraid to make them if you love them as much as I do. Serving them with a slice of Italian Bread Recipe is a great idea. you”ll want to sop up the delicious liquid at the bottom. As part of a seafood-inspired meal, I like to serve Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Copycat or Louisiana Cajun Shrimp, along with my scallops.
How To Broil Scallops?
For scallops to broil properly, they need to be rinsed, drained, and patted dry before placing them in the broiler.
If you attempt to broil wet scallops, they will not brown properly. Patting them dry makes the butter stick to their surface and brown evenly and easily.
How To Make Bay Scallops?
First, we need to rinse the scallops on a colander and let them drain well.
- While the scallops are draining, mince the garlic very finely.
- Using a microwave-safe dish, melt the butter with minced garlic, lemon juice, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Pat dry the drained scallops and place them on a shallow baking dish. Make sure they are all in one layer.
- Drizzle the butter on top of them evenly, and broil for 8 minutes or until they are slightly brown on top. Serve with additional melted butter, lime wedges, and toasted bread.
How To Keep Leftovers?
Place any leftovers in an airtight container and into the fridge for no more than 1-2 days. Seafood is very delicate and will not keep for too long.
So my first advice is to make just enough to not have leftovers, but if you do, be sure to eat them the next day.
- 1 ½ lbs bay scallops
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the scallops, let them drain and pat them dry. Mince the garlic very finely.
- Using a microwave-safe dish, melt the butter with garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place the rinsed scallops in a shallow dish all in one layer.
- Drizzle the melted butter on top and broil the scallops on high for 8 mins or until they start to brown slightly on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 6.2gCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 21g