Cajun food is amazing. Whenever I eat Louisiana cajun shrimp, I feel I’m on the Bayou. This type of food, which has a combination of French and Southern flavors, is unique and delicious. No bland flavors here.
Louisiana shrimp recipes are hearty and spicy. I think Cajun and Creole are the most flavorful cuisines in America. Once you try this cajun shrimp recipe, you’ll be as hooked on it as I am. To achieve this amazing flavor, this recipe uses chipotles in adobo, Mexican in origin, but helps achieve the perfect balance of heat and spice.
if you want to see more shrimp recipes, here are some of my favorites:
How To Make Louisiana Cajun Shrimp?
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, cajun seasoning, 1 teaspoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle, brown sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Add the shrimp, mix, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate from 30 mins to one hour.
- Heat the grill. Place 4 or 5 shrimp in each skewer and grill for 3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Prepare the chipotle mayo by mixing it with the other 3 tablespoons of chopped chipotles in adobo, 2 teaspoons of lime juice, dried parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve the cooked shrimp with chipotle mayo on the side.
- I wouldn’t serve this to children. It is pretty spicy.
- If you don’t own a grill, you can cook the shrimp in a hot skillet or a 350 F oven for 10 minutes.
- Do not overcook the shrimp. Cook them only until they turn pink. Overcooked shrimp become mushy.
- If you don’t like chunky mayo, place all ingredients in the blender or food processor until smooth.
- 1 lb medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 4 tablespoons chipotles in adobo sauce, finely chopped and divided
- 3 teaspoon lime juice, divided
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Long wood skewers
- In a small bowl, mix the shrimp with olive oil, cajun seasoning, 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle, 1 teaspoon lime juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate from 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Heat the grill. Place 4 or 5 shrimp in each skewer.
- Grill the shrimp for 3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and are fully cooked
- Prepare the chipotle mayonnaise by mixing it with the remaining 3 tablespoons of chopped chipotles in adobo, 2 teaspoons lime juice, dried parsley, salt, and pepper
- Serve the shrimp with the chipotle mayo on the side.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Total Fat: 45gCarbohydrates: 2.7gProtein: 15.7g