Cajun food is amazing. Whenever I eat Louisiana cajun shrimp, I feel I’m on the Bayou. This type of food, which has a combination of French and Southern flavors, is unique and delicious. No bland flavors here.
Louisiana shrimp recipes are hearty and spicy. I think Cajun and Creole are the most flavorful cuisines in America. Once you try this cajun shrimp recipe, you’ll be as hooked on it as I am. To achieve this amazing taste, this recipe uses chipotles in adobo, Mexican in origin but helps achieve the perfect balance of heat and spice.
How To Make Louisiana Cajun Shrimp?
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, cajun seasoning, 1 teaspoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle, brown sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Add the shrimp, mix, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate from 30 mins to one hour.
- Heat the grill. Place 4 or 5 shrimp in each skewer and grill for 3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Prepare the chipotle mayo by mixing it with the other 3 tablespoons of chopped chipotles in adobo, 2 teaspoons of lime juice, dried parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve the cooked shrimp with chipotle mayo on the side.
- I wouldn’t serve this to children. It is pretty spicy.
- If you don’t own a grill, you can cook the shrimp in a hot skillet or a 350 F oven for 10 minutes.
- Do not overcook the shrimp. Cook them only until they turn pink. Overcooked shrimp become mushy.
- If you don’t like chunky mayo, place all ingredients in the blender or food processor until smooth.
- 1 lb medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 4 tablespoons chipotles in adobo sauce, finely chopped and divided
- 3 teaspoon lime juice, divided
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Long wood skewers
- In a small bowl, mix the shrimp with olive oil, cajun seasoning, 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle, 1 teaspoon lime juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate from 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Heat the grill. Place 4 or 5 shrimp in each skewer.
- Grill the shrimp for 3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and are fully cooked
- Prepare the chipotle mayonnaise by mixing it with the remaining 3 tablespoons of chopped chipotles in adobo, 2 teaspoons lime juice, dried parsley, salt, and pepper
- Serve the shrimp with the chipotle mayo on the side.