Cheeseburger lovers alert! There’s an easy way to enjoy this all-time favorite meal with a twist. This impossibly easy cheeseburger pie can be made in 40 minutes. A great thing about it is that you can change the ingredients to suit your taste, and mood, or use whatever you have at home.
Ingredients for Hamburger Pie:
This easy cheeseburger pie can be changed by adding veggies, other types of cheese, or herbs. Any pie you make will be the best cheeseburger pie ever.
- Ground beef. I use lean ground beef (93% lean) for a healthier pie
- Onion. Finely diced onion provides lots of flavors
- Red bell peppers. I love the splash of color they provide as well as their flavor
- Cheddar cheese. I used sharp cheddar, but you can use your favorite cheese or a blend of cheeses. I recommend you shred your own cheese and not buy pre-shredded cheese
- Bisquick mix will give the pie consistency and body
- Milk and eggs to help bind the Bisquick with the ground beef.
How to make cheeseburger pie:
Preheat the oven to 400 F. In a large skillet, cook the meat with the onions and bell peppers until there is no pink left in the meat. Drain the excess fat and add paprika, dried parsley, salt, and pepper
Place the cooked meat and veggies in a pie dish and sprinkle the shredded cheddar evenly on top
In a bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the Bisquick, milk, and eggs.
Pour the batter evenly on top of the ground beef and cheddar and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
What to serve with Cheeseburger Pie?
The amazing thing about this pie is you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. If you are planning to serve it for breakfast, I would recommend serving it along with Fluffy Japanese Souffle Pancakes or Old Fashioned Pancakes and fruit.
Make Ahead Hamburger Pie and Storage:
If you want to save some time, you can cook the ground beef and veggies ahead of time and just assemble and bake the pie later. Remember to store the cooked beef in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
If you have any leftovers, place them in an airtight container and into the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also store your easy cheeseburger pie leftovers in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Easy cheeseburger pie can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and you can change the filling every time!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- ½ cup Original Bisquick Baking Mix
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onions, and bell pepper until no pink is left on the meat. Drain the excess fat. Mix in the paprika, dried parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the meat to a pie dish and sprinkle the shredded cheddar evenly on top
- In a bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the Bisquick Baking Mix, milk, and eggs
- Pour the batter evenly on top of the meat and cheese and bake for 30 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 19gCarbohydrates: 12gSugar: 4gProtein: 22g