This is hands down the best cheeseburger sliders recipe I have ever tasted in my entire life. I know this is a lot to say, but believe me when I tell you, the secret is in the sauce. These are not your ordinary hamburger sliders.
These bacon cheeseburger sliders are drizzled with a mix of butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard which is to die for!
The sauce forms a glaze that makes them sweet and sticky on the bottom, and the bacon gives them a smoky flavor that will have you begging for more. They are truly the best burger sliders ever!
If you loved these sliders, please try the Best Antipasto Squares Recipe, which is another delicious hand-held meal you will absolutely love. Classic Chicken Salad also makes amazing sandwiches and I like to serve them all with a side of the Best Fried Pickles Recipe.
How To Make Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Using a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the onions, red bell peppers, and minced garlic until no pink is left on the meat.
- Add the drained diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes or until almost no liquid is left on the pan.
- Cut the buns in half lengthwise without separating them and place the bottoms in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Top the bottoms of the buns with one cup of cheddar cheese and bake for 5 minutes until the cheese melts. Remove the baking dish from the oven and spoon the meat mixture over the melted cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheddar on top of the meat. Place ½ bacon strip for each bun over the cheese and place the top of the buns back on.
To make the glaze: melt the butter in a microwave-safe dish and mix in the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard until well combined.
Drizzle the glaze over the buns evenly and sprinkle them with the sesame seeds. Bake for 25 minutes, uncovered until the cheese is melted and the sauce has formed a glaze.
What To Serve with Baked Cheeseburger Sliders?
Homemade french fries and KFC Coleslaw Recipe are my favorite sides for sliders, but if you are looking for a healthier side, a big Caesar salad or Tomato Cucumber Onion Salad would be amazing too. Remember dessert! The Best Homemade Cinnamon Apple Pie à la mode (warm with vanilla ice cream on top) is, for me, perfection.
- Make them southwestern and use chili con carne, bacon, cheddar, and chopped jalapeno. Slather barbecue sauce on the buns.
- Like Italian: add marinara sauce to the meat and shredded mozzarella instead of cheddar. Add pepperoni instead of bacon.
- For a vegetarian option, use roasted eggplant slices or portobello mushrooms instead of meat, top them with Monterey jack cheese, and spread pesto on the buns.
- Ground chicken or turkey are good alternatives to beef, and you can top them with sauteed mushrooms with garlic.
- 1- 12 ct package Hawaiian rolls
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 lb ground lean ground beef
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1- 14oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and cut in half
- For the glaze:
- 1 stick butter cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a large skillet, cook the meat with the onions, bell peppers, and garlic over medium-high heat, until no pink is left on the meat.
- Add the drained diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook until almost no liquid is left on the pan, about 5 mins.
- Slice the Hawaiian buns in half without separating them and place the bottoms in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheddar cheese on top and bake for 5 minutes until melted.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and spoon the meat mixture over the melted cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese over the meat.
- Top each bun with ½ slice of cooked bacon and place the tops of the buns back on.
- To make the glaze, place the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave until melted.
- Drizzle the sauce over the buns.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake uncovered, for 25 mins.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331.5Total Fat: 16.5gCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 17.6g