Chocolate cheesecake is a perfect combination of Oreo cookie crust and delicious chocolate cream cheese filling. Everyone loves chocolate and cheesecakes, but what about chocolate cheesecake? Let me tell you, this is a winning combo!
If you love cheesecake, you need to try these other favorites of mine: Nova Scotia Blueberry Cream Cake, which not only has show-stopping looks but tastes amazing as well, Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Tart, which has a citrus twist, No Bake Classic Woolworth Cheesecake, and Oreo Cheesecake Bars, which are fun for the kids to help make!
Freeze Chocolate Cheesecake:
Chocolate cheesecake freezes well. Wrap leftover slices in freezer-safe plastic wrap, then wrap them with aluminum foil. Place wrapped cheesecake slices in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. Store in the freezer for up to a month.
How to Store Chocolate Cheesecake
Store this chocolate cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store covered with plastic wrap or placed in an airtight container.
For the crust:
- - 24 Oreo cookies;
- - 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted.
For the chocolate cream cheese filling:
- - 2 cups chocolate chips;
- - ½ cup milk;
- - 24 oz cream cheese, room temperature;
- - 1 cup granulated sugar;
- - 3 tbsp all-purpose flour;
- - 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract;
- - pinch of salt;
- - 4 large eggs, room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a food processor, pulse Oreo sandwich cookies until crumbled. The mixture should be sandy. Then, pour in the melted butter and pulse until combined well
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter. Transfer the crumbs mixture into it and press it firmly to the bottom of the prepared pan using the back of a spoon or the back of a measuring cup.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Then, let the crust cool while preparing the filling. Reduce the heat to 350F.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the chocolate chips and milk over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, flour, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer at a low speed. Beat until smooth.
- Add 4 eggs, one at a time. Beat after each addition until combined.
- Pour in the melted chocolate mixture. Beat on a low speed until smooth and completely mixed. Pour the chocolate cream cheese filling into the crust. Spread evenly. Bake for 40-50 minutes. The cheesecake should jiggle in the middle when done and the toothpick inserted closer to the edges should come out clean. Turn off the oven.
- Leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour. Keep the oven door ajar. Then, transfer to the counter and let the cheesecake cool to room temperature. Refrigerate before serving.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 516Total Fat: 32.7gCarbohydrates: 55gProtein: 6.6g