Looking for the perfect cranberry bread recipe? Look no further, because this cream cheese cranberry loaf is moist, flavorful, and quick to prepare! The tartness of the fresh cranberries is perfectly balanced with just enough sugar.
The addition of cream cheese keeps it luxuriously moist! This loaf is perfect with a morning cup of coffee, or to serve alongside a brunch spread.
Using seasonal ingredients, like cranberries, and adding them to a quickbread is a great way to bring optimal flavor to your home baking. Did we mention it even freezes well? This recipe is an absolute must-try!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- All-purpose flour: standard all-purpose flour helps to keep this cranberry loaf light and fluffy
- Fresh cranberries: These can be found seasonally in your produce section. Frozen and thawed would work just as well.
- Granulated sugar: Granulated sugar cuts the tartness of the cranberries to create a balanced flavor
- Unsalted butter: Real butter is an absolute must!
- Cream cheese: Cream cheese helps to keep this cranberry loaf moist.
- Eggs: Any large eggs will do!
- Pure vanilla extract: Make sure to buy good, pure vanilla. This will be brown, not clear.
- Baking soda: Helps to leaven this loaf.
- Salt: Not only does this enhance flavor, but salt also tightens up the gluten structure, aiding in the beautiful crumb of this loaf.
*optional* demerara sugar: This is a larger crystal of sugar that can be sprinkled on top of the loaf before baking. This adds a nice little crunch to the top of the loaf, which makes this even more fun to eat!
How to Make Cranberry Loaf Bread:
This recipe is a very straightforward quick bread. It is a minimal effort, but a maximum payout kind of recipe!
First, sift the dry ingredients. Then, cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar, Beat in the eggs and vanilla, fold in the cranberries, dry the ingredients, and bake!
Lining your baking pans with parchment instead of cooking spray is much easier to clean up and there is NO risk of your baked goods sticking.
Tips to Make the Perfect Cranberry Bread:
- Do not overbake, set your timer!
- Do not overmix. Don’t worry about a lump or two in your batter, they will bake right out. Once the flour is added to the batter, be careful not to overmix, because the gluten will overdevelop and your cranberry loaf will be tough.
- If you can’t find fresh cranberries at your local grocery store, frozen will work just as well. Simply thaw them out in the fridge the night before baking.
- Always make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature for baking so that they can properly emulsify together. Adding cold ingredients would result in a broken batter that won’t look creamy and will not yield the best results.
How to Serve Cranberry Loaf:
This bread is absolutely fantastic on its own or alongside coffee. You could also toast it in the toaster and serve it with additional butter or jam! This recipe is absolutely begging to make an appearance at your next brunch!
Arguably, one of the best parts about this cranberry loaf is how well it freezes. Once cooled, simply wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and pop it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon demerara sugar *optional*
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- First, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with a handheld beater, cream together the sugar, butter, and cream cheese until it becomes fluffy and pale yellow in color.
- Beat in the eggs, two at a time, until well combined. Add the vanilla extract.
- Working in batches, beat in the dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Carefully stir in fresh cranberries
- Then pour the batter into a parchment-lined loaf pan.
- Sprinkle it with demerara sugar, if desired. Bake for 60-70 minutes. Serve warm, then enjoy the leftovers for up to five days!