There are two types of pasta lovers, the ones that like their pasta with tomato-based sauces and those that like creamy pasta recipes. If you are among the second group, you will definitely love this creamy, garlicky, and easy penne pasta recipe.
Penne noodles or penne pasta are great with any sauce. They’re robust enough to hold anything.
This recipe comes together really quickly, so have all your ingredients ready. If you are looking for penne pasta recipes, be sure to try this one.
How To Make Creamy Penne Pasta?
Get all your ingredients prepped and ready because this dish comes together really quickly.
- Start by cooking your pasta according to package instructions. Drain it and return it to the pot. Mix in about a teaspoon or two olive oil to keep it from sticking.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter and saute the minced garlic for about a minute. Be careful not to burn the garlic or the butter.
- Mix in the flour and let it cook for another minute.
- Carefully pour in the chicken broth and milk. Make sure to mix everything well to prevent lumps.
- Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes, half of the parmesan cheese, chopped fresh parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer the sauce until thickened.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir until fully covered with the sauce and add the rest of the parmesan cheese. Serve while hot.
My family loves this pasta served with roasted chicken and salad. You can serve it with grilled chicken breast and steamed veggies as well.
If you want to make this a one-pot meal, add cooked chicken breast cubes and broccoli to the sauce before mixing the pasta. Shrimp is also a great addition to this creamy penne pasta.
What To Do With Leftovers?
Store your leftover pasta in an airtight container and into the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat, add a bit of milk to it before placing it in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
You can also reheat it on the stovetop in a skillet or saucepan. Just remember to add a bit of milk to it as this sauce will thicken when cold.
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook and drain pasta. Add a teaspoon of oil to keep it from sticking.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and saute the garlic for about a minute.
- Mix in the flour and cook it for another minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth and milk. Add in the red pepper flakes, half of the parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook until thickened.
- To the sauce, add the cooked pasta and the rest of the parmesan cheese. Serve while hot.