We all know the importance of eating our veggies, right? But sometimes we don’t have the time to cook an extra side dish. That’s why we love casseroles.
One-pot meals are the best. But if you want your family to have a balanced diet, veggies are a must. That’s why I love this ham, green beans, and potatoes in the crockpot recipe. They cook for themselves while you take care of your daily duties.
I find it hard to get my kids to eat veggies, but adding ham makes them more delicious. Just throw some ham, green beans, and potatoes in the crockpot, add herbs and a bit of butter, and you’re done.
How To Make Ham Green Beans and Potatoes In Crockpot?
- Place the washed, trimmed, and cut green beans, cubed potatoes, diced ham, and chopped onion in your crockpot. Add the bay leaves, thyme sprigs, oregano, and butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the chicken stock into the crockpot, place the lid on top and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Midway through the cooking, mix everything, so it cooks evenly.
- Mix everything up midway through the cooking time, so all the veggies cook evenly.
- Be sure to add herbs to the veggies, or they will be flavorless.
- Be cautious of the amount of salt you add. Remember that ham is already a bit salty.
Green Beans with Potatoes and Ham
Yield: 6 - SERVINGS
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- 1 ½ lbs green beans, washed, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 ½ lbs ham, diced
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ½ cups of chicken stock
- Place the washed and trimmed green beans, diced ham, cubed potatoes, chopped onion, bay leaves, thyme sprigs, oregano, butter, salt, and pepper in your crockpot. Add the chicken stock and cook on low for 6 hours. Midway through the cooking time, mix everything up to ensure everything cooks evenly.