This easy chicken kebabs recipe can turn an otherwise bland chicken dinner into a fun, delicious, and quick meal that everyone will enjoy! Are you counting calories? Add a Cucumber and Tomato Salad as the perfect side dish!
Marinating chicken makes quite a difference in flavor, and this marinade is delicious. I also like the one in Green Chicken Gyros. You will love them both.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
To make these delicious chicken skewers, you will need:
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Red onion
- Yellow and Orange bell pepper
Use boneless chicken thighs if you prefer dark meat.
How to Make Chicken Kebabs?
The prep and cooking time for this Shish Kebab recipe is very short. Marinating the chicken is the only step that takes from 30 mins to overnight if you have the time.
- Make the marinade by combining the honey, soy sauce, olive oil, black pepper, paprika, and minced garlic. Reserve ¼ cup for basting.
- Place the one-inch chicken cubes and diced veggies into the marinade, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 mins or overnight.
- Assemble the skewers alternating chicken, zucchini round, red onion, chicken, yellow, and orange bell pepper. Repeat until you get to the end of the skewer. Do not overcrowd it!
- Preheat the outdoor grill or grill pan and cook the skewers for 3 minutes on each of the four sides. Bast them on each side before turning.
What Skewers to use for Shish Kebab?
You can use metal or wood skewers. If you choose wood, fully submerge them in water for at least 30 minutes before placing your chicken skewers on the hot grill to prevent them from burning. The oil in the marinade will prevent the chicken and veggies from sticking to the metal or wood skewers.
Can You Freeze Chicken Skewers?
You can. Wait for the skewers to come to room temperature, remove the chicken and veggies from the skewers, and place them in an airtight container. You can refrigerate them for up to 3 days or freeze them for up to 4 months.
What to Serve with Chicken Shish Kebab?
Other Chicken Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Honey Garlic Chicken Skewers
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch slices
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 skewers, metal or wood (if wood, soak in water for 30 mins)
- Make the marinade by combining the honey, soy sauce, light olive oil, paprika, minced garlic, and black pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk until the honey dissolves.
- Place the chicken cubes and veggies into the bowl with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins or overnight.
- Assemble the skewers alternating pieces of chicken, zucchini, red onion, chicken, yellow bell pepper, and orange bell pepper. Repeat until you finish the chicken and veggies.
- Heat the outside grill or grill pan and cook the skewers for 3 minutes on each of the four sides, basting them with the reserved marinade before turning them.