Ingredients You’ll Need:
To make these simple garlic lemon butter shrimp, you will need:
- Peeled and deveined shrimp
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice and slices
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Garlic Shrimp?
Lemon garlic shrimp are easy and quick to make.
- Using a medium-sized bowl, combine the shrimp in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 10 mins
- In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the marinated shrimp and lemon slices. Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side
- Serve with freshly chopped parsley on top
How Long to Cook Shrimp?
Shrimp cook fairly quickly, so 2-3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat is enough. You want your shrimp just to turn opaque and remain slightly firm and have a crunch when you bite them.
If you overcook shrimp, they become mushy and grainy. Remember food keeps cooking even when you turn off the heat, so don’t overdo it.
What to Serve with Lemon Garlic Shrimp?
This garlic shrimp recipe goes perfectly well with sides like spaghetti or rice. This recipe can be the base for something like Shrimp Alfredo, or you could just serve it over cooked fettuccine. Garlic Butter Rice and Mushroom Rice are great with them too!
Other shrimp recipes you would like:
Best Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil, divided
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
- Using a medium-sized bowl, combine the shrimp, ½ tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste. Marinate for 10 mins
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the marinated shrimp (along with any juices) and lemon slices.
- Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve with freshly chopped parsley on top