This Strawberry Salad with pretzel dessert will surprise everyone with its name and also amaze with its taste. It starts with a crunchy pretzel base followed by sweet cream cheese and Cool Whip filling in the middle, and strawberry Jell-O with fresh strawberries on top.
It’s called a salad, but it is a dessert that will impress you and your guests or family. Also, because it’s made in advance, it’s a great option for dinners, parties, and of course the holidays!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
It’s just as easy to find the ingredients for this super easy-to-make pretzel jello salad. Here is your shopping list below.
- Fresh Strawberries: You can use frozen strawberries if you wish, but I think it’s better to use fresh strawberries in this recipe.
- Pretzel: The crusts that make up the base. Use d 2 cups mixed with butter and sugar.
- Cool Whip: I recommend not replacing Cool Whip with homemade whipped cream because it will change the texture of the base and cool whip is sweeter than whipped cream.
- Cream Cheese: Make sure the cheese is at room temperature and should be full fat.
- Strawberry Jello: You can change it to whatever flavor you want. Simply mix with boiling water and cool slightly.
- Butter: It helps the pretzels stick together. 3/4 cup butter was used for this recipe.
- Sugar: It adds just enough and the perfect amount of sweetness to the custard layer and the bottom layer.
How to Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad?
This strawberry pretzel salad, which is extremely easy to make, has only these few steps.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Crush the pretzels with the help of a rolling pin. Combine the pretzels with melted butter and sugar in a bowl. Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, and let it cool down completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and the sugar together with a hand mixer, until fluffy Fold in the Cool Whip and spread the mixture over the crust. refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In another mixing bowl, mix the Jell-O and the boiling water together until the jello is dissolved. Then set it aside to cool down.
- Place the sliced strawberries over the cream layer then pour the cooled strawberry Jell-O overtop. Refrigerate the strawberry pretzel salad until it is firmly set for at least 6 hours or overnight.
How to Crush Pretzels for Strawberry Pretzel Salad?
The easiest way to do it is by placing the pretzels in a sealed zipper bag and going over them with a rolling pin or by tapping on them slowly. this way, you can easily adjust the size you want.
How Long Does Strawberry Pretzel Salad Last?
Since this recipe has a jelly layer on it, it is not suitable for freezing, but you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad Ahead of Time:
Strawberry pretzel salad needs to rest in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours before serving. If you wish, you can make it a couple of days in advance. Just remember to cover it with plastic wrap so it doesn’t dry out.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- ¾ cups butter melted
- 3 tbsp sugar
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 8 ounces cool whip (defrosted)
- 6 ounces Strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Crush the pretzels inside a zipper bag with the help of a rolling pin.
- Combine the pretzels with melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then let it cool down.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and the sugar with a hand mixer, until fluffy
- Fold in the Cool Whip and keep it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl, mix the jell-o and the boiling water together until the jello is dissolved. Let it cool down.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place the sliced strawberries over the cream layer.
- Pour the cooled strawberry jell-o overtop. Refrigerate the strawberry pretzel salad until it is firmly set for at least 6 hours or overnight.