Get ready for a seriously delicious treat with this “No Bake Cherry Yum Yum” cheesecake. Made with just a few simple ingredients like graham crackers, cream cheese, and cherry filling, this is the best cherry yum yum recipe you’ll ever try!
Cherry yum yum ingredients:
It’s so simple, you’ll be amazed at why you haven’t tried it before. This cheesecake is perfect for those lazy days when you just don’t feel like baking. You won’t regret trying this delicious cherry dessert!
- Graham cracker crumbs: Finely crushed graham crackers for the cheesecake base.
- Salted butter, melted: Adds richness and flavor to the graham cracker crust.
- Cream cheese, softened to room temp: The creamy filling that makes the cheesecake so delicious.
- Sugar: Caster sugar is the best to use, it’s very fine and melts quickly.
- Heavy whipping cream: Whipped to form stiff peaks for the fluffy cheesecake filling.
- Vanilla extract: Adds a touch of vanilla flavor to your filling
- Can cherry pie filling: You can easily use the premade kind from the store, but if you prefer, you can make your own by cooking fresh cherries with sugar.
How to make Cherry Yum Yum?
To start, you’ll need to crush some graham crackers into fine crumbs. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the crumbs for the topping and mix the rest with melted butter to form the crust.
Next, combine softened cream cheese with ½ cup sugar in a large bowl using a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer. In a separate bowl, mix together heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese until well combined.
Spread half of the cream cheese and whipped cream mixture over the graham cracker crust. Add a layer of cherry pie filling over the whipped cream/cream cheese layer. Spread the remaining cream cheese and whipped cream mixture over the cherry layer and sprinkle the reserved graham cracker crumbs on top. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight and enjoy your sweet and creamy cheesecake.
With its simple and easy-to-follow instructions, this no-bake cherry yum yum cheesecake is a great option for any occasion. Whether you’re entertaining guests or just looking for a sweet treat to enjoy at home, this dessert is sure to impress!
Suggestions and Alternatives:
When it comes to finding an alternative flavor for your cherry yum yum cheesecake, here are some ideas:
- Strawberry: Swap out the cherry pie filling for a layer of fresh strawberries or strawberry jam.
- Blueberry: Use blueberry pie filling or a blueberry compote for a sweet and fruity twist on the classic cherry yum yum.
- Chocolate: Top your cheesecake with a layer of melted chocolate or chocolate ganache, and sprinkle with crushed chocolate wafer cookies.
- Caramel: Drizzle a layer of caramel sauce on top of the cheesecake and sprinkle with chopped nuts for a delicious crunch.
No-Bake Cherry Yum Yum
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 8 ounce block cream cheese, room temp
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- Crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs. You can use a rolling pin or flat meat tenderizer to pound about 10 graham cracker sheets in a ziploc bag. Aim to have 1 ½ cups of crumbs.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of crumbs for the topping and mix the rest with melted butter in a medium bowl.
- Press the mixture into a 9x9 inch baking dish to create a flat layer.
- Combine the softened cream cheese and ½ cup sugar in a large bowl using a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the heavy whipping cream, 3 tablespoons sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. If you prefer to use COOL WHIP, you can skip this step.
- Mix the cream cheese mixture with the whipped cream until well combined.
- Spread half of the cream cheese and whipped cream mixture evenly over the graham cracker crust.
- Add a layer of cherry pie filling over the whipped cream/cream cheese mixture.
- Add the remaining cream cheese and whipped cream mixture over the cherry layer and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the reserved graham cracker crumbs on top.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight before slicing and serving. Enjoy your sweet and creamy graham cracker dessert!