Banana bread brownies are the perfect dessert for a busy weeknight, with only a few ingredients and ready in 25 minutes. So, if you’ve got banana bread cravings with a buttery glaze, then this banana bread brownie recipe is for you!
The combination of banana bread with the texture of a brownie is like an explosion of flavor, just perfect for whenever you feel like indulging yourself. Plus, it’s easy to make and fun to prepare! So don’t wait any longer to enjoy banana bread brownie goodness…
Ingredients you’ll need:
Making banana bread brownies is a delicious and simple way to spruce up a classic snack.
- Mashed banana: Mashed banana is the most essential ingredient in this banana brownie recipe since it adds flavor and makes the banana bread moist and gooey.
- Sugar: You can experiment with substituting brown sugar instead of white sugar. It will give your banana bread an extra hint of sweetness and a nice molasses flavor to it.
- Sour cream: Sour cream enhances the banana’s subtle sweetness while making the texture of the banana bread brownie moist and fluffy.
- Butter softened: Softened butter helps the banana bread brownie come together easier, ensuring that the right texture and flavor develop.
- Vanilla extract: Its rich flavor makes it perfect for baking banana bread or other sweet treats.
- All-purpose flour: All-purpose flour can be easily substituted with something like almond flour, coconut flour, buckwheat flour, or rice flour to make delicious banana bread that’s gluten-free.
- Baking soda: One teaspoon of baking soda will make your banana bread brownies light and airy.
- Walnuts: they add an irresistible texture to your banana brownie bread.
How To Make Banana Bread Brownies?
To make delicious banana bread bars, start by heating the oven to 375°F then greasing a 13 x 9-inch pan. In one bowl beat together sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs until creamy before blending in bananas and vanilla extract.
Add flour, baking soda, and salt for 1 minute stirring in walnuts at the end; spread batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. Let cool just enough that it is still slightly warm but not hot before adding on a rich layer of frosting.
Tips and Variations:
Give your taste buds a treat with these delectable banana bread brownies! With just a few simple tips, you can combine the irresistible flavors of two beloved desserts into one scrumptious masterpiece:
- Soft and moist banana bread brownie: Be careful not to overmix all ingredients so that your final product isn’t too dense and don’t overcook your banana bread brownies either.
- Cashew nuts or peanuts: Instead of walnuts, you can add any other nuts such as cashews or peanuts to the brownies if you like them better.
- Chocolate chips: Chocolate chips add another layer of flavor and sweetness that won’t disappoint, and it’s the perfect pairing for bananas.
- Frosting: To make it even more indulgent, instead of making a traditional brown butter frosting, why not try Cream Cheese icing instead? It’s easy to make, and it adds an extra special touch that makes these banana bread brownies stand out from the rest!
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions
Banana bread brownies are the perfect treat to make ahead of time and store for later! To maintain freshness, store unfrosted brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to four days.
If you’re hoping to savor them for a longer period of time, easy-to-freeze banana bread brownies will last in the freezer for up to three months. When it’s time to enjoy your tasty dessert, simply pop it out of the freezer and allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Don’t wait – make a batch today and be prepared with delicious treats that will be ready whenever you get a sweet tooth craving!
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 13x9 inch pan.
- Make the brownie: In a large bowl, mix together sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs until creamy, add the mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and walnuts and blend for 1 minute.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make the frosting: make the brown butter, heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, and until it reaches a medium brown color turn off the heat. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- Pour the frosting over the banana bread brownies, and spread with a spatula. Cool completely before cutting and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 16gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 5g