Tired of looking at countless chicken recipes for a fancy and delicious dish? Look no further! Chicken with spinach and mushrooms is so delicious and looks so darn fancy. You can serve it at your next dinner party, to your date for a romantic dinner, or to your family any day of the week.
You see, spinach mushroom chicken looks fancy and tastes amazing, but it is also super easy to make. It will look like you slaved in the kitchen for hours.
It has a creamy spinach sauce beautifully balanced by garlic and white wine-infused mushrooms on top of tender browned chicken breasts. Chicken dinner doesn’t get better than this!
“The full recipe with ingredients can be found in the recipe card below.”
How To Make The Sauce?
We begin by sauteing the minced onion and garlic. It is really important not to have huge chunks of onion or garlic, so mince them as small as possible. Once they are translucent, we add the whole bag of spinach to the skillet.
It may seem like a lot, but once it wilts down, you will see it is not that much. Once the spinach has wilted down, add the softened cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
Cook the sauce until the cheeses have melted and formed a sauce. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
How To Make Chicken Mushroom Spinach?
- We’ll start with the chicken. In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Season both sides of the chicken breast with this mixture.
- Using a large cast-iron skillet, heat the olive oil over med-high heat and brown the chicken breast on both sides. About 3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Next, we will make the creamed spinach sauce. In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon of olive oil and saute the minced onion and garlic until transparent. Throw in the whole bag of spinach and cook it until it is wilted. It will reduce in size considerably. Mix in the softened cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. At this time, preheat the oven to 350F.
- For the sauteed mushrooms, we will melt the butter with the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet and cook the sliced mushrooms until lightly browned. Add the minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and dried parsley and cook for about a minute more. Pour in the white wine and cook until the wine has reduced and is almost all gone. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each chicken breast with creamed spinach sauce, sauteed mushrooms, and Provolone cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is all melted and bubbly.
What To Serve With This Creamy Chicken Dish?
You can either serve the chicken over white rice (Garlic Butter Rice Recipe) or spaghetti with a side of steamed veggies. I recommend serving thick slices of toasted baguette or crusty bread to scoop up all the glorious sauce. Please try my Italian Bread Recipe, you’ll love it!
- If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet or a cast-iron skillet, you can cook the chicken in the oven for 15 mins at 350F in a baking dish.
- Do not overcook the creamed spinach, or it will dry out. You want it to be “saucy.”
- When sauteing the mushrooms, add the salt at the very end, or they will not brown. Salt brings out the moisture in the mushrooms before they have a chance to brown.
After you make this amazing meal, try these chicken recipes next: Marry Me Chicken Recipe, with a creamy sundried tomato sauce, Creamy Herb Chicken Recipe, that’s creamy and tangy, French Onion Chicken Recipe, is restaurant quality, Best Lemon Butter Chicken, simple yet delicious, and if you want something really different, try this Easy Butter Chicken Recipe, that’s to die for!
Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Chicken
Tired of looking at countless chicken recipes for a fancy and delicious dish? Look no further! Chicken with spinach and mushrooms is so delicious and looks so darn fancy
FOR THE CREAMED SPINACH SAUCE:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of yellow onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large bag of fresh spinach
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE MUSHROOMS:
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices of Provolone cheese
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Using a large cast-iron skillet, heat the olive oil and brown the chicken breasts on both sides—about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Make the sauce: Using a large skillet, add one tablespoon of olive oil and saute the minced onion and garlic. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Mix in the softened cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for a couple of minutes until well combined and bubbly and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350F
- Cook the mushrooms: In a medium-sized skillet, melt the butter and olive oil and cook the sliced mushrooms until lightly browned. Add the minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley, and cook for about a minute more. Pour in the white wine and cook until the wine is reduced by about 2/3. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each chicken breast with creamed spinach, sauteed mushrooms, and Provolone cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 698Total Fat: 44gCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 56g