This is one of those recipes you always want to keep in the freezer. It is very versatile and can be used to prepare a lot of other recipes.
I love to have Sweet Baby Ray chicken on hand to prepare pulled chicken sandwiches, barbecue chicken quesadillas, barbecue chicken taquitos or serve the whole barbecue chicken breast with white rice and steamed veggies.
Crockpot chicken recipes are so easy to make, I usually double the recipe and freeze it in separate containers to have on hand.
Whenever I don’t feel in the mood to cook, I grab one or two, of these chicken breasts, and the most difficult part of the meal is done.
In fact, all crockpot recipes are great for freezing. I especially love beef recipes like Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak Recipe, and Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff, chicken recipes like Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta, side dishes like Crock Pot Potatoes Recipe, and even soups like Chicken Tortilla Soup Crockpot.
“The full recipe with ingredients can be found in the recipe card below.”
How To Make Sweet Baby Ray’s Chicken?
- Start by making the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and mustard powder.
- Place the chicken breasts inside the crockpot and pour the sauce over them. Mix everything.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or on high for 3 until the chicken is cooked through.
What To Serve with Baby Ray’s Chicken?
You can go as fancy or as simple as you want. Sometimes I serve the whole barbecue chicken breast with white rice and steamed veggies, and other times I like to make pulled barbecue chicken sandwiches and serve them with coleslaw. A side salad is a great idea, and I love my Pasta Salad Recipe because it makes the meal complete.
You can also make chicken quesadillas by adding shredded mozzarella cheese and barbecue chicken to a flour tortilla and heating them in a pan until the tortilla is browned and the cheese is melted.
Barbecue chicken taquitos are also a great way to eat Baby Ray’s Chicken. Just add a little shredded chicken to flour tortillas, roll them up, and pan-fry them in vegetable oil until they are brown and crunchy.
Store and Reheat Baby Ray’s Chicken
Store the chicken in an airtight container, and it will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge or up to 4 months in the freezer.
To reheat, place the chicken inside the microwave oven and heat on high for 2 minutes if refrigerated, 5 if frozen, or until it is heated through.
Remember to pause the mid-microwave heating and check on it. You might need to move it around or give it a mix if it is shredded.
- You can add all ingredients into the crockpot and mix everything inside, but it is better to mix the sauce ingredients beforehand in a separate bowl.
- Try to have all the chicken pieces submerged in the sauce to cook evenly, and give it a mix mid-cooking.
- Be careful when taking the chicken breasts out of the crockpot. They will be very tender.
- If you want to make barbecue pulled chicken, take two forks, shred the fully cooked chicken breasts inside the crockpot, and mix them thoroughly with the sauce.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray barbecue sauce (use your favorite flavor)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- In a small bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, and mustard powder
- Place the chicken breasts in the crockpot and pour the sauce over them. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Mine were done at the 4-hour mark.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 427Total Fat: 4gCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 37g