Olive Garden chicken pasta is tangy, creamy, and cheesy. I am not a cream sauce pasta lover, but cooking the chicken with olive garden dressing and cream cheese gives it just the right amount of acidity that makes it feel less heavy.
Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
I love chicken crockpot recipes, and let me just say this olive garden crockpot chicken could be used for so much more than just pasta.
It would make an awesome dip or an amazing stuffing for crescent rolls, so don’t think of it just as pasta from Olive Garden. Think of it as an amazing-tasting chicken dinner.
- You can use any salad dressing to make the sauce. Try using Italian, Ranch, Balsamic, or your favorite dressing.
- Adding some veggies would make this a complete meal. Peas or broccoli would be great.
- If you are not a fan of cream cheese, add sour cream or greek yogurt instead. The resulting sauce will be less heavy.
- Adding a bit of smoked bacon or ham will give it a slightly different taste.
What To Serve with Olive Garden Pasta?
If you want the whole Olive Garden experience, make a side salad with Iceberg lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced red onion, black olives, pepperoncini, and Parmesan cheese.
You can dress it with the same Olive Garden dressing or your favorite one. Soft breadsticks would seal the deal and make it really Olive Garden authentic.
Can I Cook Olive Garden Chicken On The Stovetop?
Yes, definitely. Cut the chicken into cubes or strips and brown them in a bit of olive oil.
Once the chicken is brown, add the Olive Garden dressing, cream cheese cut into cubes, Parmesan cheese, paprika, and black pepper, reduce the heat, and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the cream cheese is melted.
Stir everything and add ½ – 1 cup of pasta cooking water until you get the desired consistency for the sauce. Stir in the cooked pasta and serve with toasted breadcrumbs on top.
How Do I Store Leftovers?
You have to store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat, simply add a couple of tablespoons of water to the leftover pasta and microwave until hot.
You can also freeze this pasta in a freezer bag for up to 4 months. To reheat, let it come to room temperature, add a splash of water, and microwave until hot.
Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1- 16 oz bottle of Olive Garden Signature Italian Salad Dressing
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pasta cooking water
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tablespoon butter
- Place the chicken breasts in the pot of your crockpot
- Pour the Olive Garden dressing on top of the chicken breasts.
- Place the cream cheese on top and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese, black pepper and paprika on top as well. Place the lid on and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Take out the chicken and shred it.
- Whisk the sauce left in the crockpot until smooth.
- Return the shredded chicken to the crockpot.
- About 10 mins before the chicken is done, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Pour ½ to one cup of pasta cooking water inside the crockpot to thin out the sauce a little bit.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta and mix well. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the breadcrumbs. Cook them until toasted. Mix in the chopped parsley and serve on top of the pasta.