I am the kind of person that likes veggies. I like to order veggie omelets, veggie pizza, etc. If you are that kind of person as well, you will love zucchini pie. It’s not like a regular pie that uses crusts and a filling.
Zucchini Onion Pie
This is a Bisquick zucchini pie and is more like a soft zucchini “bread”. It’s baked in a pie dish and does not require a lot of biscuit mix, so the veggies are really present in the pie.
This zucchini pie recipe is delicious, nutritious and even my kids like it, so for me, this is a very successful dish. It’s quick to make and stores beautifully. You will definitely enjoy it!
Do I Have To Pre-bake The Crust?
No, you don’t. That’s the beauty of this recipe. It is not a traditional pie because it doesn’t have a crust.
You mix the veggie, egg, oil, and cheese mixture with the Bisquick mix, pour it into the dish, and bake everything together. The result is a bread-like “pie.”
- Thinly sliced squash is also a great veggie to make a pie with. To this one, you might want to add a pinch of nutmeg.
- Instead of Bisquick, you could use a corn muffin mix for a slightly different texture pie.
- Add chopped jalapenos and cumin for a Latin touch.
- Adding a ½ of shredded cheese will also make it amazing.
Want to make it more Italian? Add Italian spices and chopped roasted tomatoes and garlic to the mixture.
Make-Ahead and Storage Tips:
You can mix the ingredients, pour the mixture into the greased pie dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate it to bake later.
Do not keep it in the fridge unbaked for more than 8 hours. Once baked, if you have any leftovers, place them in an airtight container and into the fridge for up to 4 days or into the freezer for up to 4 months.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup Bisquick mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the eggs, Parmesan cheese, vegetable oil, parsley, garlic powder, mustard powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Mix in the sliced zucchini, chopped onion and bell peppers, and Bisquick mix.
- Place mixture in a greased pie baking dish and bake for 30 mins or until golden brown on top.