Looking for the easiest and most delicious cheese dip? Among all the cheese dip recipes out there, I have found this one to be the quickest and best recipe of all. It is not only super cheesy but tasty as well.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can add anything you like to it. You can make many dips with cheese using this recipe as a base.
I have added chopped onion and jalapeno to mine, but you can add chopped bell peppers, green onions, chopped bacon or chorizo, sun-dried tomatoes, etc.
As I said, this makes for a great cheese dip base for any ingredient you want, so you will never get bored. Just make a different one every time!
What Is The Best Cheese To Use?
I have found that the combination between cream cheese and cheddar is the one that works the best for me, but you can also use Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack, or even American cheese or Velveeta.
It is entirely up to you and the cheese you like best. Remember, you can experiment with different cheeses until you find the one you like best.
Tips For The Best Cheese Dip
Using mayo makes the dip stay “scoopable” and doesn’t let the cheese harden again as it cools a bit. So you definitely need to add the mayo. The taste of your dip will depend on the spices and add-ons.
Onion and garlic add lots of flavors, and any other spice you add will make it better. Cheese by itself doesn’t have much flavor, so add salt, spices, chopped veggies, chopped bacon, chorizo, sun-dried tomatoes, or anything you like. Also, please do not use pre-shredded cheeses.
They have extra ingredients added that prevent them from sticking, so they don’t melt as perfectly as freshly shredded cheese does.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapenos
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mayo, chopped onion, chopped jalapenos, mustard powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Microwave mixture for a minute at a time until melted and pour into a baking dish. Bake for 20-25 mins or until bubbly and slightly brown on top.