There’s no wonder spinach and artichoke dip are one of the most loved dips ever. This spinach and artichoke dip recipe comes out hot, bubbly, creamy, cheesy, and with just the right amount of spice. Bring the best spinach artichoke dip to your next party and be the talk of the appetizer table!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Cream cheese gives this dip a creamy base
- Sour cream helps make the dip lighter in texture without adding extra liquid
- Mayonnaise makes it smooth once it bakes, because of its oil content
- Garlic is the perfect aromatic ingredient that enhances its flavor
- Parmesan cheese provides flavor and a bit of salt
- Mozzarella cheese for that amazingly delicious cheese pull
- Frozen spinach for convenience. No cooking is required.
- Canned artichoke hearts are also for convenience. Who wants to cook artichokes?
- Red pepper flakes provide a bit of heat to counterbalance the creaminess of the dip.
How to make Spinach Artichoke Dip?
The best part about making this amazing spinach and artichoke dip recipe is that all you need to do is mix all ingredients in a bowl, place the mixture in a baking dish, and bake it! Just make sure the thawed frozen spinach is pressed to remove any excess liquid.
Can I use Fresh Spinach in this recipe?
I would not recommend using fresh spinach. As spinach cooks, it releases liquid and the extra moisture could make your dip runny. If you want to use fresh spinach, make sure you steam or boil it first and then remove as much of the liquid as possible.
What to serve with Spinach Artichoke Dip?
If you are having a party and want the best appetizer recipes, your guests would also love to snack on amazing meatballs like the ones from The Best Swedish Meatball Recipe.
Do you have a vegetarian guest? No worries, I have a great Tofu Nuggets Recipe for you. If you want to add another dip to the list, try the Best Cheese Dip! Fried pickles are also very popular and, you guessed it, I have the Best Fried Pickles Recipe as well!
Can I make it ahead?
Sure you can! You can make your dip mix as early as two days in advance, cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake and serve!
How to reheat Spinach and Artichoke Dip?
You can either reheat it in the microwave or in the oven. As long as your leftovers are stored in an airtight container, they will remain perfectly moist. No need to add any liquid to it prior to reheating.
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 1-8 oz package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1-14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove excess liquid
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, spinach, minced garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix in the chopped artichoke hearts, freshly grated mozzarella cheese, and red pepper flakes
- Place the mixture inside a 1 quart baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly