The flavor of real crab really comes through in this homemade crab rangoon dip recipe. Cream cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan make this three-cheese crab rangoon dip recipe irresistible. Be the hero of your next party and bring the best crab rangoon recipe to the appetizer table!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Cream cheese: room temperature makes it easier to mix with the rest of the ingredients
- Mayonnaise: makes this dip really smooth
- Sour cream: provides creamy flavor and texture
- Mozzarella cheese: freshly shredded if you can. It melts better than pre-shredded cheese
- Parmesan cheese: is also freshly grated for the best results
- Real crabmeat: canned and drained
- Worcestershire sauce: adds an incredible amount of flavor to the dip
- Lime juice: or lemon juice, whichever you have on hand
- Garlic powder and red pepper flakes: to add another layer of flavor and spice
- Freshly chopped chives: optional, but very desirable.
What Kind of Crab Should I Use?
Very few of us have access to fresh crab meat. If you do, by all means, use it. For the ones that don’t, canned white crab meat is the best option.
If you can’t find real crabmeat, you can use imitation crab or surimi. This one is the most used by Chinese takeout restaurants.
How to Make Crab Rangoon Dip?
For a velvety dip, mix the cream cheese with the mayo and sour cream using a hand-held mixer until smooth.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients (except for ⅓ cup mozzarella, and ¼ cup parmesan) carefully using a spatula until they are all well combined.
Place the mixture into a small baking dish, such as a pie dish, and sprinkle the reserved mozzarella and parmesan on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is brown and bubbly.
What to Serve with Crab Rangoon Dip?
Can I make this dip ahead of time?
You can. Mix all the ingredients together, place them in the baking dish, and add the cheese on top. Wrap the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. You can bake it the next day before the party. Do not keep it unbaked for more than a day.
Easy Crab Rangoon Dip Recipe (Hot Crab Dip)
- 8 oz cram cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated, divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly shredded, divided
- 2-6 oz cans white crab meat, drained
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a medium-sized bowl mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper until smooth, using a hand-held mixer or a whisk
- Add ¾ cup of mozzarella, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, crab meat, garlic powder, and chives, and gently mix together using a spatula, until well incorported
- Place the mixture into a small baking dish, such as a pie dish, and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheeses are melted and slightly brown. Serve with fresh chives on top.