Creamy garlic butter Tuscan mushrooms are finger-licking deliciously good! They can be served as a side, or over toasted crusty bread as an appetizer. This recipe makes enough delicious creamy sauce so that you can even add the cooked spaghetti and shrimp if you want to make it a whole meal. I just love recipes with mushrooms and this one is the best!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Mushrooms: I like brown Baby Bella mushrooms
- Butter: unsalted butter to saute the mushrooms and garlic
- Tomato paste: it will flavor the creamy sauce
- Garlic: 3 cloves for the most amazing garlicky mushrooms
- Grape tomatoes: you can use cherry or chopped Roma tomatoes
- Heavy cream: or whipping cream to make the sauce thick and creamy
- Parmesan cheese: for flavor and to add consistency to the sauce
- Spinach: fresh, unchopped spinach leaves
- Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes for added flavor and spiciness.
How to clean mushrooms?
If you are going to cook mushrooms, you can place them in a bowl with water for a few minutes so any dirt can go directly to the bottom. Do not let them soak for more than a couple of minutes.
You can also place them in a colander and rinse them under the kitchen sink faucet. It is very important to dry them after washing them. Mushrooms absorb a lot of water, so drying them is a must.
How to make Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Mushrooms?
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and tomato paste and cook for about 30 seconds to a minute
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook them until tender, about 5 minutes
- Pour the heavy cream and add the grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the skillet with the mushrooms. Simmer for three minutes.
- Throw in the clean spinach leaves and simmer until wilted. Serve hot
What are the best mushrooms to cook with?
This really depends on your preference. I love Baby Bella mushrooms because of their button shape, but Shiitakes are great as well, Porcini, Chanterelle, or white button mushrooms are all amazing options. Choose the ones you love the most.
What goes well with mushrooms?
They are the perfect side dish for the Best Cajun Butter Steak Recipe. They are both amazing recipes that you can serve to your family or guests. Garlic Butter Steak Bites Recipe would also be greatly complimented by these delicious mushrooms.
After this amazing meal, you need a dessert that’s just as good. Let me recommend a couple. Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, or Easy Double Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake for a decadent treat!
How do you store cooked Tuscan mushrooms?
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. I don’t recommend freezing them.
Best Tuscan Butter Mushrooms Recipe
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomato paste
- 1 lb brown Baby Bella mushrooms, washed and patted dry
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup heavy cream (¾ if you want to make more sauce to eat with pasta)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 cups spinach, fresh
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Mix in the tomato paste and minced garlic, and cook for about thirty seconds to a minute until fragrant
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook them for about 5 minutes until tender
- Pour in the heavy cream and add the grated parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 3 minutes
- Mix in the spinach leaves and cook until wilted. Serve warm