I think homemade chicken pot pie is one of the most comforting meals ever. It makes me think of my grandma’s hug. If you’re looking for an easy chicken pie recipe, please look at this one.
I am really not a baker, so the mere thought of having to make the pie crust made me think twice before adding this to my list of dinner ideas, but if you buy store-bought refrigerated pie crust, the process is so easy, I guarantee you this will be the best chicken pot pie recipe for you.
If like me, you love savory pies, Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie Recipe is a great way to ease your cravings! Zucchini Onion Pie, is nutritious and delicious as well, and Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is just another easy way to make the same amazing meal if you don’t have a pie crust!
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a big bowl, add the cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, frozen veggies, dried parsley, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
- If you are using a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish, stretch the pie crust with your rolling pin to fit the bottom of the dish. Poke holes in it with a fork. You can also use a round pie dish.
- Spoon the chicken/veggie mix on top of the pie crust evenly.
- Stretch the second pie crust and place it on top of the chicken/veggie mix. Seal the edges that come together (it doesn’t matter if some don’t), brush with the beaten egg, and bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is nice and brown.
Can I Freeze Chicken Pot Pie?
You can freeze it unbaked for up to 3 months or baked for up to 4 months.
If it is unbaked, remember to wrap it with two layers of plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Let it cool completely before wrapping it in plastic wrap and foil if baked.
Make Chicken Pot Pie Ahead Of Time
If you want to make your chicken pot pie ahead of time, there are two ways to do it.
You can either make the filling and freeze it, thaw it overnight in the fridge, and assemble the pie the day you want to make it, or freeze the unbaked completely assembled pie, thaw it overnight in the fridge, and bake the next day.
If your pie is still a bit frozen the next day, take it out of the fridge an hour before baking it.
- 3 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1- 10.5 oz can cream of chicken and herbs soup
- 1- 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- 1- 16 oz bag frozen mixed veggies
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 refrigerated 9” pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, mix the cooked chicken, cream of chicken and herb soup, chicken broth, frozen veggies, dried parsley, salt, and pepper to taste
- If using a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish, stretch the round pie crust with your rolling pin to fit the bottom of the casserole dish. You can also use a round pie dish. Poke holes in the crust with a fork and add the chicken/veggie mix on top
- Stretch the other crust and place it on top of the chicken/veggie mix. Try to seal the edges that match and brush with the beaten egg. Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 23gCarbohydrates: 54gProtein: 22.5g