I love chicken pot pie but hate the hassle of having to deal with pie dough. It’s just too time-consuming and complicated for me. I would only eat store-bought until I made chicken pot pie with biscuits instead of pie dough.
Let me tell you. This is a total game-changer. No wonder chicken pot pie bubble-up casserole is so popular! This recipe will forever change how you feel about baking this savory pie.
Now I can boast to my family that I bake homemade chicken pot pie with biscuits from scratch instead of buying it and to be honest. I like it better than a regular chicken pot pie.
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie?
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the shredded chicken, cream of chicken with herbs soup, sour cream, shredded cheddar, milk, frozen veggies, dried minced onion, dried parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Cut each biscuit in four and gently fold them into the chicken mixture.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish and spoon the mixture evenly onto the dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked through and brown on the top.
What To Serve with Chicken and Biscuit Casserole?
This dish is a complete meal in itself, but I would serve it with a side salad and dessert of your choice.
I love to make tomato, cucumber, avocado, and red onion salad with lemon honey vinaigrette.
- Be sure to fold the biscuits evenly into the chicken mixture, or it will not bake evenly.
- Remember, the cream of chicken soup already has salt, so be careful when adding extra salt.
- You can use any shredded cheese you want. I prefer cheddar.
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2- 6 oz cans refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. In a medium bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies, milk, sour cream, cheddar cheese, parsley, onion, salt, and pepper
- Cut each biscuit into fourths and carefully fold them into the chicken mixture.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish and spoon the mixture evenly onto the dish. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the biscuits are slightly brown on top and cooked through.