Homemade meatballs are a great way to eat ground beef without making the usual burger. This beef meatball recipe is hassle-free because you only have to make the meatballs with a hamburger, add a few ingredients, mix, form the balls, and bake. No pan-frying involved. They come out perfectly cooked and tender. Instead of using breadcrumbs, I used Panko breadcrumbs.
Making meatballs with Panko, in my opinion, makes them more tender because since they are larger than regular breadcrumbs, they absorb more of the milk and therefore produce juicier results.
Use your meatballs to make pasta, subs, or eat them with ketchup. They make great appetizers as well!
How To Make Meatballs?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a medium-sized bowl, place the ground beef, beaten eggs, panko breadcrumbs, milk, Parmesan cheese, shallots, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings. Using your hand, mix everything up until well combined. Do not overwork the meat.
- Using your hands, form golf ball-sized balls (you will get around 18-20) and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 30 mins.
Can You Freeze Meatballs?
Yes, you definitely can! You can either freeze them cooked or uncooked. If uncooked, place them in a baking sheet and put them in the freezer for about an hour or until slightly firm, then you can place them in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
This way, they won’t stick together, and you can pull them apart from one by one before thawing them.
If you want to freeze the cooked meatballs, let them cool completely before storing them in a freezer bag and freeze them for up to 4 months.
Can You Reheat Meatballs?
You can reheat them in the microwave, in a skillet on the stovetop, or a 350 F preheated oven for about 5-10 mins.
Beef Meatballs Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, using your hand. Do not overwork the meat.
- Make golf ball-sized balls (around 18-20) and place them on a baking sheet. Bake them for 30 mins
Tuesday 28th of March 2023
So good! I didn't have sour cream so I had to leave it out. Still amazing! Thank you!