Looking for the perfect holiday side dish? This is it! Whether you’re serving ham or turkey on Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, this sweet corn casserole is the perfect side dish. And not only for those occasions, but corn casserole recipes are also great during the whole winter season. They truly warm your heart.
I love any corn bake, but Paula Deen’s corn casserole recipe is my all-time favorite. It is the easiest ever to make. 5 minutes prep time and then into the oven.
How To Make Paula Deen’s Corn Casserole?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a 7 x 11-inch casserole dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, using a rubber spatula, mix the drained whole kernel corn, cream-style corn, sour cream, melted butter, corn muffin mix, sugar, and salt, until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour batter into the greased casserole dish and bake, uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until it is no longer jiggly in the middle.
- Take it out of the oven and sprinkle the shredded cheddar evenly on top. Return to the oven and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
If you wish to make this casserole ahead of time, you can make the batter, pour it into the baking dish, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
Can You Freeze Uncooked Casserole?
Yes, you can. Make the batter and freeze it for up to 3 months. If you wish to prepare this for the holidays, I recommend making it two weeks in advance and freezing it. Before baking it, thaw it in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Paula Deen’s Corn Casserole
- 1- 15 ¼ oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1- 14 ¾ oz can cream-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ stick of butter, melted
- 1- 8 oz package corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Non-stick cooking spray
- ¾ cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, using a spatula, mix the whole kernel corn, the cream-style corn, sour cream, melted butter, corn muffin mix, sugar, and salt
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 7 x 11-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and pour in the batter. Cook for about 40-45 minutes. Take it out of the oven, sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly on top, and bake for 5-10 more minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and melted