What can be better than an easy chicken and rice casserole? Especially on those days when you are too busy to cook. You can prepare this chicken and rice casserole with cream of chicken soup in less than 10 minutes and pop it in the oven. I assure you this baked chicken and rice casserole comes out perfect every time. No need to cook the chicken or the rice, all you have to do is mix and bake!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts: no need to cook them, just dice them into small cubes
- One can each: condensed cream of chicken soup, condensed cream of mushroom soup, and condensed cream of celery soup. These will provide all the flavor and make the casserole creamy
- Instant white rice: this rice cooks fast and comes out tender every time
- Water: two cups of water are needed so the rice cooks properly
- Parsley: freshly chopped parsley provides amazing flavor
- Butter: just add a few pats on top for flavor
- Cheddar cheese: freshly grated cheddar cheese melts perfectly on top.
How to make Chicken Casserole with Rice:
The absolute best thing about this easy chicken and rice casserole recipe is that all you have to do is mix the ingredients together (except the cheddar cheese), spoon this mixture into a baking dish, and bake in a 400 F oven! for 10 minutes before the baking time is up, sprinkle the shredded cheddar evenly on top and continue baking until it is melted and bubbly!
What to serve with Chicken and Rice Casserole?
If you have time to make anything else for dinner, please try my Best Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe, it is so good! If you are a creamy soup lover, give The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup, or the Best Cauliflower Soup Recipe a try, you will love them both!
Leftover and storage:
Place any leftovers inside an airtight container and into the fridge for up to 3 days, or into the freezer for up to 3 months. If you are freezing your casserole, remember to label it with the date so you’ll know when the 3 months are up.
Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups instant white rice
- 1- 10.75 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1- 10.75 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1- 10.75 oz can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp of butter cut into 5-6 pats
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the diced chicken breasts with the 3 cans of soup. Mix well.
- Add the water and rice and mix to combine
- Season with salt, pepper, and freshly chopped parsley. Mix everything until well combined
- Spoon mixture into a 9x13- inch casserole dish and top with a few pats of butter. Bake for 50 mins to one hour.
- 10 minutes before the cooking time is over, sprinkle the shredded cheddar on top and continue baking until the cheese has melted and the rice is tender