From all the Olive Garden recipes out there, this one is my favorite. If you have never cooked using Marsala wine, you are in for a treat. It is the perfect base for the most delicious sauces, especially for the Olive Garden chicken marsala recipe.
This recipe is super easy to make and you won’t believe how delicious it turns out.
All you need to make this amazing dish is chicken breasts, flour, butter or olive oil, mushrooms, onion, and Marsala cooking wine. I guarantee you will absolutely love chicken marsala Olive Garden style. Trust me.
How To Make Olive Garden Chicken Marsala?
Gather all your ingredients and have them ready before you start cooking.
- Make the chicken breasts thin by placing them between two sheets of plastic wrap and pounding them until about ½ inch thick.
- Prepare the flour for dredging by mixing flour, Italian seasoning, dried parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Dust both sides of the breasts with flour removing the excess.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the olive oil. When hot, brown the chicken breasts for about 2-3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and sliced onion to the skillet, and pour the Marsala wine over them. Place the lid on and simmer for 15 mins. check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
These are a few substitutes for Marsala wine:
- Fortified wine
- Dry sherry
- Sherry or sweet Vermouth
- Non-fortified wine
How To Store This Chicken Marsala?
You can either store it in the fridge or in the freezer. Wait for the chicken to cool down completely before storing it in an airtight container and placing it into the fridge for up to 4 days, or into the freezer for up to 4 months. If freezing, always remembers to write the date on the container so you know how old the food is.
How To Reheat Chicken Marsala?
Wait until fully thawed, or take it out of the fridge and reheat it in the microwave oven, covered, for 2 minutes. Add more time if needed. You can also place it in a preheated 350 F oven for about 15 mins or until hot.
Olive Garden Chicken Marsala
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic and pound them thin.
- Pat them dry using paper towels.
- In a shallow dish, mix the flour, Italian seasoning, dried parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with seasoned flour. Remove the excess.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and olive oil and brown the chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the mushrooms and sliced onions to the chicken pieces. Pour the wine into the skillet, cover, and simmer for 15 mins. check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.