There is something about the chicken, spinach, and sundried tomato combo that I just love. I think it makes amazing dishes, and this creamy Tuscan garlic chicken is no different.
Just think about perfectly browned chicken breasts bathed in the most delicious garlic-infused creamy sauce with the sweet but robust flavor of sundried tomatoes and the freshness of green baby spinach….
I just made my own mouth water! Please do yourself a favor and try this amazing Tuscan chicken with sun-dried tomatoes!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Skinless, boneless chicken breasts. You can use thighs if you’re a dark meat lover
- Dry white wine to help deglaze the skillet and flavor the sauce
- Heavy cream or half and half for a healthier version
- Chicken broth as the base for our sauce
- Freshly minced garlic, 3 cloves (2 large), because it’s Italian food, so garlic is a must!
- Italian seasoning. It has basil, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, and thyme, and just makes the most amazing flavor combination
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese. If you can, avoid buying pre-grated Parmesan cheese. If you read the ingredients, you’ll see what I’m talking about
- Baby spinach stems removed. Because I don’t like stems, but you can leave them if you don’t mind them
- Sun-dried tomatoes. Try to avoid buying the ones packed with oil. They will make the sauce greasy.
How To Make Creamy Tuscan Chicken?
Have all your ingredients prepped because Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken comes together in no time!
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat ½ tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chicken breast on both sides, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the other ½ tablespoon of olive oil to the same skillet. Saute the minced garlic just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in the white wine to deglaze the skillet and scrape the bottom to remove any brown bits and pieces. Simmer until reduced by half.
- Pour in the chicken broth, heavy cream, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese, and simmer the sauce until it starts to thicken.
- Add the chopped spinach and sundried tomatoes and cook until the spinach begins to wilt. Transfer the chicken back into the skillet and cook for a couple of minutes more until warmed through.
What Can I Serve with Tuscan Chicken?
You can serve it on top of a piping hot bowl of freshly boiled pasta and spoon the sauce over it, but you may also need my delicious Italian Bread Recipe to soak up all that amazing sauce!
For dessert, I need something zesty after all that cream, so I serve The Best Lemon Brownies with Glaze, Mini Lemon Drop Cakes, or my to-die-for Creamy Lemon Squares.
Can you make Creamy Tuscan Chicken ahead of time?
You sure can make it and refrigerate it. I don’t recommend freezing sauces that have cream in them because the fat will invariably separate when they thaw out and the creamy consistency will never be the same.
You can place your cooled-down chicken and sauce into an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, just place it in the microwave or in a baking dish and bake, covered with foil, at 350 F for about 20 minutes.
Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- 3 large chicken breasts thinly sliced in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat 1⁄2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chicken breasts on both sides for about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining ½ tablespoon of oil. Saute the minced garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour the white wine and deglaze the skillet scraping the bottom to remove all the bits and pieces stuck to it. Cook until reduced by half.
- Pour in the chicken broth, heavy cream, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese and simmer until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the chopped spinach and sundried tomatoes and cook until the spinach starts to wilt. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet and spoon the sauce over them. Cook for a couple of minutes more until they are heated through.