I was invited to a dinner party a few days ago, and I wanted to bring an appetizer that everyone would enjoy. I thought it over and decided to bring toasted ravioli air fryer style. Since I didn’t have too much time to prepare it, I needed something fast but delicious as well.
These air fryer ravioli are so easy and quick to make. You can literally get them done in under 30 mins. Needless to say, everybody loved my fried ravioli air fryer style dipped into warm marinara sauce.
How To Make Air Fryer Fried Ravioli?
Prepare the breading by combining the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, dried parsley, and salt in a shallow dish.
- Pour the buttermilk into another shallow dish. Dip the ravioli in the buttermilk.
- Then transfer them to the bowl with the breading mix and coat them well on both sides. Shake off any excess. Place them in a single layer into the basket of the air fryer and spray them with cooking spray on both sides.
- Set the temperature to 300 F and air fry them for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce on the side for dipping.
Here are a few ways to make them different
- If you don’t want your ravioli breaded, you can pan-fry them in olive oil.
- Treat them as nachos and use different toppings on them. You can add shredded mozzarella on top and broil them until the cheese melts.
- Add different toppings like grilled chopped onions and bacon.
- Add melted garlic butter on top of pan-fried ravioli.
- Top them with cooked ground beef and drizzle melted cheese dip over them.
- Dip them in beaten egg and coat them with panko breadcrumbs seasoned with garlic and onion powder.
Make-Ahead and Storage
If you wish to make them ahead, wait for them to cool completely before storing them in the fridge or freezer. If you store them while still hot, steam will form inside the container, and they will become soggy.
Once they are completely cold, place them on a plate in a single layer inside the fridge and cover the plate with plastic wrap.
Do not store them for more than a day or two. If you wish to freeze them, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet or plate inside the freezer until hard (about an hour) and then into a freezer bag for up to 4 months.
- 1- 10 oz bag fresh refrigerated ravioli (choose your favorite)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1- 14 oz jar marinara sauce
- In a shallow dish, mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, dried parsley, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the buttermilk in another shallow dish. Dip the ravioli in the buttermilk.
- Transfer them to the dish with the breadcrumb mix and coat them well on both sides. Shake off any excess.
- Place the breaded ravioli in the basket of the air fryer in a single layer. Spray them on both sides with cooking spray and air fry for 6-8 minutes at 300 F. serve with warm marinara sauce.