If you’re a breakfast sandwich lover like me, this casserole will blow your mind. I love my ham breakfast sandwiches with soft eggs and lots of cheese, so it seemed just logical that I would adore a ham and cheese breakfast casserole.
This is the season for baked ham, and we need all the leftover ham breakfast recipes we can get.
Just imagine soft eggs, cubed ham, green onions, and lots of shredded cheese baked with Grand’s biscuits altogether. The biscuits get soaked with the egg mixture, and you have the most amazing breakfast casserole with ham.
The biscuits bubble up, and when you tear them apart, you get a little bit of everything! I love it so much, I decided to use biscuits to make Chicken Pot Pie Casserole, and it was equally amazing! So much so, that I used them in a different way and baked a Chicken and Biscuit Casserole, and loved it too!
What Kind Of Ham Is Good For Breakfast?
Leftover baked ham is great. This time I didn’t have any, so I bought a piece of smoked, cooked ham in the deli section of my grocery store. You can use any cooked ham you like. I used pork, but you can use turkey or chicken.
How To Make Ham Breakfast Casserole?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Mix the beaten eggs, diced ham, shredded cheddar, milk, and chopped green onions in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and carefully mix them into the egg mixture.
- Pour everything into the prepared casserole dish and bake for one hour or until the biscuits are brown and the egg is cooked.
What Goes with Ham Breakfast?
How about a big bowl of fruit salad and a delicious cup of hot latte? Everything else that’s great for breakfast is already inside this casserole.
- You can cut the biscuits into 6 pieces if you want smaller bread bites.
- If you feel the biscuits are getting too brown and the egg is still a little raw, cover the casserole with foil and bake, covered, until the eggs are set.
- You can also add chopped bell pepper or any other veggie of your choice.
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1 can of Grand’s or any refrigerated biscuits
- 2 ½ cups of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups ham, cut into small cubes
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a big bowl, mix the beaten eggs, cubed ham, chopped green onions, shredded cheese, milk, and salt and pepper to taste
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Carefully mix the biscuit pieces into the egg mixture
- Pour everything into the prepared dish and bake for one hour or until the biscuits are brown on the top and the egg mixture is cooked through
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 23gCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 30g