Life is hectic enough to be stuck in the kitchen for hours making dinner. Who has the time, right? We need fast, easy, and delicious recipes that not only our family enjoys but that can make our life easier. In come the casseroles. I think they are the perfect way to make a meal.
No mountain of dishes to wash. Chicken biscuit casserole is one example of these amazing dishes. It’s like a chicken pot pie but made into an easy chicken biscuit bake. Who has time to make pie dough or biscuits from scratch?
Forget about all that work and try this chicken and biscuit casserole for your next dinner.
How To Make Chicken And Biscuits?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a small skillet, melt the butter and saute the onion and bell pepper until tender.
- Using a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the cooked chicken, sauteed veggies, cream of chicken soup, frozen veggie mix, milk, and mayo, until well combined.
- Pour this mixture into a greased casserole dish (sprayed with cooking spray).
- Bake it for 15 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese on the chicken mixture.
- Place the biscuits on top of the cheese.
- Top the biscuits with the remaining cheese and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the biscuits are cooked and brown.
Can You Freeze Chicken and Biscuits?
Yes, you can. Wait for the casserole to cool completely, wrap it twice with plastic wrap and once with foil, and freeze for up to 4 months.
To reheat, thaw it in the fridge overnight, remove the plastic wrap and bake in a 350 F oven until heated through. You can also microwave it for 5 minutes or until piping hot.
What To Serve with Chicken And Biscuits?
A side salad is all these dish needs. Remember, it already has chicken, veggies, and bread. So it is a full meal in itself. A mixed greens salad with tomato and red onion is my go-to salad for busy days when I serve this casserole.
- Shred your cheese. Pre-shredded cheeses have ingredients added that prevent them from sticking and make them not melt properly.
- You can use your favorite cream soup. Sometimes I use cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery, or cream of chicken with herbs soup.
- Arrange the biscuits on top so that they are evenly placed, and when you scoop them out, you are dividing the chicken mixture evenly among the portions.
- Cooking spray
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1- 10 ¾ oz cream of chicken soup
- 1- 8 oz bag frozen vegetables
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits (8 count)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray the bottom and sides of a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Saute the onion and bell pepper in the tablespoon of butter
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the sauteed veggies, cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies, mayo, and milk until well combined
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 mins.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese on top of the chicken mixture.
- Place the biscuits on top of the cheese
- Top with the remaining shredded cheddar and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the biscuits brown and cooked