These delicious coconut bars with a buttery crust and sweet coconut filling are the perfect afternoon snack when paired with a cup of coffee or tea. They are the perfect combination of unforgettable aroma, gooey and chewy filling, amazing flavor, and simple preparation.
Coconut Bars Ingredient:
- All-purpose Flour: We will need it for making the crust as well as the filling.
- Light brown sugar: Using brown sugar instead of white sugar gives these bars a more caramel-like flavor when combined with sweetened condensed milk, which is already very sweet.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla and coconut make a great flavor combination. Please use a good-quality extract. Cheaper ones have a strong alcoholic taste.
- Salt: Enhances all other flavors and balances out all the sweetness in these bars.
- Butter: Makes the filling moist and helps bind the ingredients together.
- Condensed milk: It is responsible for the sweetness as well as the great texture of coconut bars.
- Eggs and egg yolks: Make the filling smooth and rich.
- Shredded coconut: One of the main ingredients in this recipe.
- Coconut chips: You can use more shredded coconut if you don’t have coconut chips. They just give a nice look to these coconut bars.
How to make coconut bars?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper, Whisk together the all-purpose flour, light brown sugar, and salt until well combined. Then, stir in melted butter and vanilla extract. Transfer this mixture to the baking pan. Press it down using your hands or the back of the measuring cup. This will be the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 F. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and egg yolks. Then add the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, flour, light brown sugar, and salt, and whisk everything together until smooth. stir in shredded coconut using a rubber spatula.
- Pour the coconut mixture over the cooled crust and Bake for 25-35 minutes or until slightly golden.
Remove from the oven and top with shredded coconut and coconut chips while still warm Let it cool completely before removing the coconut bars from the pan by lifting the parchment paper. . Slice and serve!
Tips for the BEST Coconut Bars:
- When you put the parchment paper on the bottom of the pan, I recommend leaving some paper hanging on both sides, this will help remove the coconut bars from the baking pan.
- You can use sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut depending on your taste.
- Usually, I use light brown sugar, but you can easily replace it with regular brown sugar.
How do you cut coconut bars?
Don’t cut the coconut bars until they have completely cooled down. You can place them in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and slice them perfectly.
Can you freeze coconut bars?
Yes, you can freeze leftovers by placing them in a freezer-safe container. Put some parchment paper between each layer so they don’t stick together
How long do coconut bars last?
If you place them into an airtight container or a ziplock bag and store them in the refrigerator they will last for up to one week.
For the crust:
For the coconut filling:
For the topping:
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 10.9gSaturated Fat: 7.6gCholesterol: 44mgCarbohydrates: 21.2gFiber: 1gSugar: 14.5gProtein: 2.8g