These New york cheesecake cupcakes are a mini version of a classic American dessert that is known all over the world. It has a delicate taste, a light sweet aroma, and, of course, looks beautiful.
This is a quick and easy cheesecake cupcakes recipe.
For the crust, we used crushed graham crackers mixed with melted butter and sugar.
For the filling, we used simple ingredients that aren’t difficult to find in anyone’s kitchen. And finally, we decorated the cupcakes with cream cheese buttercream frosting. If 24 cupcakes are too many for you, you can reduce the number of ingredients by half.
Cheesecake Cupcakes Ingredient
- Graham Crackers: The best and the easiest substitute for a crust.
- Sugar: The main sweetener for these easy cheesecake cupcakes.
- Butter: Helps to bind crushed graham crackers together for a perfect crust.
- Cream Cheese: The main ingredient for any cheesecake which gives New york cheesecake cupcakes a special creamy texture and rich taste.
- All-Purpose Flour: A small amount of flour can prevent cheesecake cupcakes from cracking.
- Eggs: Hold all ingredients together during the baking.
- Sour Cream: Gives some sour taste and moist texture to the cupcakes.
- Vanilla Extract: Gives a nice vanilla flavor, but it’s not necessary to add vanilla extract.
- Powdered Sugar: One of the main ingredients for quick and smooth frosting
How to make cheesecake cupcakes?
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line muffin tin with 24 paper liners.
- Make the graham crackers crust. Combine crushed graham crackers with sugar. Then, stir into melted butter. Divide between 24 paper liners. Press firmly with the back of the spoon to create the crust.
- Make a cream cheese filling. Using an electric mixer beat together softened cream cheese, sugar, and flour. Add eggs, one at a time. Then, beat in vanilla extract and sour cream. Don’t over-mix, beat just until combined.
- Make a cream cheese layer. Divide cream cheese filling between 24 paper liners. Each liner has to be about ⅔ full. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers. Let cool to room temperature.
Prepare the frosting. In a bowl, beat together cream cheese, softened butter, and powdered sugar. Transfer to a piping bag and decorate these easy cheesecake cupcakes. Enjoy!
Tips for the BEST Cheesecake Cupcakes
- All ingredients like eggs, cream cheese, and sour cream should be at room temperature;
- Don’t over-mix the cream cheese filling. Beat just until combined.
- Don’t open the oven during the baking because your new york cheesecake cupcakes can fall in the middle.
How to tell if Cheesecake Cupcakes are done?
They are done after 15-20 minutes of baking at 350F. The cream cheese cupcakes should jiggle in the middle when done. If you bake them longer, they can crack in the middle.
How to freeze Cheesecake Cupcakes?
I prefer to store cheesecake cupcakes in an airtight container in a freezer, but first you have to let them cool completely after baking. Store in the freezer for up to a month.
How do you store Cheesecake Cupcakes?
You can store cheesecake cupcakes in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Store them in a container or plastic bag.
For the graham cracker crust:
- 2 cups graham crackers, finely crushed;
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar;
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted.
For the cream cheese layer:
- 20 oz cream cheese, at room temperature;
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour;
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar;
- 2 eggs;
- ½ cup sour cream, room temperature;
- 2 tsp vanilla extract.
For the frosting:
- 2 cups powdered sugar;
- 4 oz cream cheese;
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature;
- crushed graham crackers, for topping.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine finely crushed graham crackers with granulated sugar. Then, stir into melted butter. Divide between 24 paper liners. Press firmly with the back of the spoon to create the crust. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, and all-purpose flour using an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time. Then, beat in vanilla extract and sour cream. Don’t over-mix, beat just until combined.
- Divide cream cheese filling between 24 paper liners. Each liner has to be about ⅔ full. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. The new york cheesecake cupcakes should jiggle in the middle when done.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers. Let cool to room temperature.
- Prepare the frosting. In a bowl, beat together cream cheese, softened butter, and powdered sugar. Transfer to a piping bag and decorate these easy cheesecake cupcakes. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 16.2gSaturated Fat: 9.6gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 26.6gFiber: 0.3gSugar: 20.5gProtein: 3.9g