This Pineapple Pecan Cake with cream cheese frosting is incredibly moist and yummy! Crushed pineapples with juice, cinnamon, pecans, and vanilla extract give this cake a special tropical taste and aroma.
You can prepare it without being tied to the calendar and turn your weekday into a holiday. You can also make your own variation of this recipe by adding some shredded coconut, brown sugar, or another type of nuts.
This pecan cake is really quick and easy to prepare, but I recommend putting it in the refrigerator overnight to make it absolutely moist and delicious. I know it will be hard to resist this sweet aroma, but it’s worth it.
Ingredient You’ll need
- Flour: Makes the main structure of the cake.
- Baking Soda: A combination of baking soda and pineapples with juice makes a soft and airy structure of the cake.
- Cinnamon: Gives a nice flavor and taste.
- Salt: Enhances the taste and aroma of all other ingredients in the cake.
- Eggs: Help the cake batter to rise and make the cake fluffy.
- Sugar: You can adjust the amount of sugar in this recipe to your taste.
- Pineapple with Juice: One of the main ingredients for this cake, which gives moisture and the main taste.
- Vanilla Extract: Gives a more tropical taste.
- Pecans: If you don’t have pecans, you can use walnuts instead.
- Butter and Cream Cheese: This will make a good taste balance in the frosting.
- Powdered Sugar: Perfect sweetener for frosting. It is easier to dissolve than granulated sugar.
How To Make Pineapple Pecan Cake?
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the dry ingredients except for sugar (all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt).
- Mix together the wet ingredients. Beat together the eggs and sugar. When combined, mix in crushed pineapple with juice and vanilla extract. Then, stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour pecan cake batter into the prepared baking pan. Spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center turns out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the pineapple cake cool completely in a baking pan.
Prepare the frosting. In a mixing bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar until completely combined. Spread over the cooled cake. Sprinkle ⅓ cup of chopped pecans on top.
Tips for the BEST Pineapple Cake
- If you don’t have crushed pineapples with juice, you can use pineapple slices and crush them in a food processor. Don’t forget to add juices also.
- You can also grease a baking pan with flour to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Let the cake cool completely before spreading the frosting.
How to freeze Pineapple Pecan Cake?
I recommend freezing this Pecan Cake only without frosting. Just let the cake cool completely after baking, wrap it with freezer-safe plastic wrap or use a plastic bag. You can store pineapple cake in a freezer for up to 2 months.
How do you store Pineapple Pecan Cake?
You can store this Pineapple Pecan Cake in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Use an airtight container or a ziplock bag.
For the Pineapple Pecan Cake:
For the frosting:
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 22.5gSaturated Fat: 9.9gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 387mgCarbohydrates: 68.3gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 51.4gProtein: 5.5g