I love tangy desserts. I really don’t have an extra sweet tooth. My favorite desserts involve anything lemon or pineapple. There are lots of lemon-flavored desserts, but not so many recipes with pineapple.
Say hello to pineapple crisp! It’s got a crunchy crop with slight cinnamon and nutmeg flavor and a pineapple bottom that gives this dessert that perfect sweet and tangy balance that I find irresistible. Like I said, there aren’t many crushed pineapple recipes out there, so make sure to save this one if you love citrus desserts like me. I love to eat it with vanilla ice cream or with cottage cheese. You should give it a try!
“The full recipe with ingredients can be found in the recipe card below.”
How To Make Pineapple Crisp?
- This dessert is easy and quick to put together. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the drained crushed pineapple in the bottom of a 9 x 9-inch casserole dish (or a medium one like mine).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, sugar, beaten egg, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. I like to use a fork. The result will look like coarse sand. Spoon this mixture on top of the pineapple as evenly as you can.
- Pour the melted butter over the sugar and flour mixture slowly and evenly. Bake for 30-35 mins or until the top is brown and crispy.
Make It Ahead Of Time
You can either assemble the whole dish and freeze it unbaked, or you can prepare the flour and sugar mixture ahead of time and keep it in the fridge.
That way, the day you want to bake your dessert, all you have to do is assemble. If you choose to freeze the unbaked, fully assembled dessert, thaw it in the refrigerator the night before baking it.
- If you like your crisp with a bit of syrup on the bottom, add a couple of tablespoons of the drained juice to the crushed pineapple.
- Do not stress if you can’t pour the melted butter entirely, even on the four and sugar mixture. It’s ok if you miss a couple of spots.
- If you like a more “chunky” crisp, use diced pineapple instead of crushed.
Can I Freeze The Leftovers?
Yes, you can. Just make sure you place them in an airtight container or wrap the casserole dish with several layers of plastic wrap and one final layer of foil.
Pineapple Crisp Recipe
Friday 4th of February 2022
i made this and it was so delicious i just added a little twist to it and use a cake mix instead of flour and it was so good and moist