Now that the holiday season is here, do you find yourself running out of time to make dessert because you spend too much time on the main course? Don’t worry – this Pecan Pie Muffin recipe is coming to the rescue.
Pecan pie muffins are extremely delicious and only take about 10 to 15 minutes to prepare! You can serve them in regular muffin size, or make them into mini pecan pie muffins. They are indeed the perfect dessert for a holiday meal.
Ingredients for Pecan Pie Muffins:
- Light brown sugar: This is the key ingredient that gives Pecan Pie its characteristic flavor. If you don’t have light brown sugar in your pantry, you can use dark brown sugar.
- All-purpose flour: This ingredient can’t be replaced and we are using ½ cup of it.
- Pecans: Use chopped pecans for the muffin batter and whole pecans for decoration.
- Unsalted butter: I Recommend pre-cutting the butter into small cubes. Otherwise, it will be difficult to mix with the other ingredients.
- Eggs: The eggs need to be lightly beaten before mixing them with the other ingredients.
Can I Use Other Types Of Nuts?
Even though Pecan is the main ingredient in this recipe, we do understand that some people may not be big fans of pecans. In that case, you can replace them with walnuts, which would help to recreate the taste and texture of pecan pie.
How To Make Pecan Pie Muffins?
The steps to make the batter for Pecan Pie Muffins are easy and quick. The most complicated step in this recipe is to add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix them with a spatula or a handheld mixer until everything is combined.
That’s how easy they are to make. After making the batter, just transfer it to a muffin pan with individual muffin paper liners. If you are making regular-size muffins, this recipe should make about 10. If you are making them in mini size, you should have about 18 mini Pecan Pie muffins when you’re done.
Once you finish transferring the batter to the muffin pan, bake them at 350° F for 20 to 25 minutes. Finally, move them to a cooling rack to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Tips for the BEST Pecan Pie Muffins
- Since it only takes less than 10 mins to make the batter of the muffins, I would recommend preheating the oven to 350° F first. That way, the oven will be ready after you finish making the batter.
- I recommend using room-temperature ingredients so that when you are mixing them with the other ingredients the unsalted butter won’t become hard and make the mixing process difficult.
- Fill each lined muffin cup to about ⅔ full so they won’t overflow while baking.
Can You Freeze Pecan Pie Muffins?
Yes, you can. Place the muffins into an airtight container or Ziploc bag, and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to Store Pecan Pie Muffins?
After baking and cooling Pecan Pie Muffins, you can store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days on the counter, or freeze them for up to 3 months. Before serving the frozen muffins, just leave them in the fridge overnight and they will be as good as freshly baked.
Love muffins? Here are other delicious muffin recipes for you to try:
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- Line a muffin pan with 10 regular muffin liners (or 18 mini muffin liners if using a mini muffin pan). Transfer the muffin batter to the lined muffin cup cups with a cookie scoop or a spoon, and fill each one to ⅔ full to avoid overflow in the oven.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information per serving: ( 1 regular-size muffin)