Black Pepper Chicken is a perfect recipe for a quick and easy dinner. Tender chicken breasts, juicy bell peppers, fragrant garlic, and ginger taste amazing together with the sweet and spicy sauce, give them a sprinkle of chopped green onions and sesame seeds for freshness and you will fall in love with it.
It is perfect to serve with rice or quinoa, You can also add peanuts or cashews to give this pepper chicken recipe a special touch.
Black Pepper Chicken Recipe can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. You will definitely like this dish because, in addition to the fact that it is prepared very quickly and simply, it tastes absolutely delicious.
If you are trying to cut down on carbs, substitute the honey and coconut sugar with monk fruit sweetener.
Black Pepper Chicken Ingredient:
- Chicken breasts: if you like thighs better, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Bell pepper: I like to use different colors of bell peppers
- Onion: I recommend using only yellow onion for this recipe.
- Sesame oil: Adds an Asian touch to this recipe, but you can also use olive, l, peanut, or canola oil.
- Garlic cloves and fresh ginger: Give perfect spiciness and flavor to the chicken.
- Soy sauce: You can also use coconut aminos if you need to go gluten-free.
- Rice vinegar and cornstarch: Cornstarch, soy sauce, and rice vinegar make the perfect slurry mix for thickening the black pepper sauce Vinegar gives it a slightly acidic taste that works very well all together.
- Coconut sugar and honey: You can use other sweeteners. For example, granulated sugar or Monk fruit sweetener if you are watching your carbs.
- Black pepper: Don’t buy pre-ground black pepper. I recommend using only freshly ground pepper. Pre-ground spices can lose their flavor fairly quickly.
- Chili pepper flakes: Optional, you can use chili sauce or just skip these ingredients if you don’t want to make it spicy.
- Sesame seed and green onion: Optional, for garnish.
How To Make Black Pepper Chicken?
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat Cook the chicken breast cubes until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
- pour 1 more tbsp of sesame oil into the wok or skillet and saute the minced ginger, and garlic until fragrant.
- Add bell peppers and onion. Cook for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- return the cooked chicken to the skillet. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar, cornstarch, coconut sugar, honey, chili flakes, and black pepper until well combined and the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables. Cook until it thickens, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and green onions on top Enjoy!
What to serve with black pepper chicken?
I like to serve Black Pepper Chicken Recipes over rice. You can use Jasmine, basmati, brown or white rice. Also, black pepper chicken goes perfectly well with rice noodles or quinoa if you don’t want to eat rice
Place any leftover Black Pepper Chicken into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
How to Freezer?
You can freeze leftover black pepper chicken in a freezer-safe container. for up to two months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 10.3gSaturated Fat: 1.1gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 918mgCarbohydrates: 21.1gFiber: 2gSugar: 15.6gProtein: 25.7g