This is truly one of the best recipes I have ever made. I was asked to bring a dish to a baby shower, making chicken crescent roll casserole. In fact, I made two of them, and they were all gone in about 5 minutes. If I had made two more, they would’ve been gone too.
Crescent chicken rolls are to die for. They are creamy and cheesy and so easy to make, you won’t believe it.
How To Make Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole?
- Start by making the sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the undiluted cream of chicken soup, the whipping cream and ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and ½ cup of shredded swiss cheese. Cook until the cheeses are melted, and the sauce is smooth. Set aside.
- To make the filling: In a big bowl, combine the chopped chicken, chopped green onions, softened cream cheese, softened butter, ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, mustard powder, cayenne pepper, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to taste until they form a paste.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray and add half of the cheese sauce on the bottom.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and take each triangle, add a tablespoon of filling to the bottom part, and roll up. Place the rolls seam side down in the baking dish over the sauce. Repeat with the 12 rolls.
- Pour the rest of the sauce on top of the rolls and sprinkle the remaining cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the rolls are cooked.
If you have any leftovers, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days, or freeze for 4 months. If you are freezing them, remember to label them with the date.
- You can add chopped bell pepper for extra flavor if you want.
- Do not dilute the cream of chicken soup. It has the perfect consistency for the sauce.
- If you feel the sauce is too cheesy, add whipping cream, or use less cheese. I like mine extra cheesy.
- Try to chop the chicken as finely as you can. You don’t want big chunks of chicken in the filling.
Chicken Crescent Rolls
I was looking for chicken recipes with crescent rolls but wasn’t expecting to love this one so much. I will be making it again tonight for my family and I know they will love it!
- 2- 8 oz cans of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1- 10 ¾ oz cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded swiss cheese
- ½ cup whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 cups cooked and chopped chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a small saucepan, mix the undiluted cream of chicken soup, the whipping cream, ½ shredded swiss cheese, and ½ cup of shredded cheddar. Cook on medium heat until the cheeses are melted, and the sauce is smooth. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix the chopped chicken, softened cream cheese, butter, green onions, garlic powder, mustard powder, cayenne pepper, mayonnaise, ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper to taste
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread half of the cheese sauce on the bottom. Unroll the crescent rolls. Separate one and add about a tablespoon of filling at the bottom. Roll it up and place it seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the rolls
- Place all the rolls, seam side down, in the baking dish. Pour the rest of the sauce on top and sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheddar evenly on top. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the rolls are cooked.