This is hands down one of the easiest, quickest, almost no prep recipes you will ever make. Not only that, but it is a complete meal with protein, carbs, and veggies included.
The real deal, no-need-for-anything-else kind of meal. For those very busy days, this chicken and rice casserole with cream of chicken soup will save the day.
There is no need to overthink how to flavor it because this Campbell’s chicken meal uses condensed cream of chicken as its flavor base.
“The full recipe with ingredients can be found in the recipe card below.”
How To Make Campbell’s Chicken and Rice Casserole?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. We’ll start by seasoning the chicken. You can use your favorite spices. I used mustard powder, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Remember to season the chicken breasts on both sides.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream of chicken soup and water until well combined. Add the frozen veggies and rice and mix well.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 9 x 9-inch casserole dish with nonstick spray and pour the rice mixture evenly into it.
- Place the seasoned chicken breasts on top and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the chicken breasts 5 minutes before the cooking time is over to melt. Serve hot.
Can You Freeze Campbell’s Cheesy Chicken and Rice?
Yes, you can. Just make sure it has completely cooled down and wrap it twice in plastic wrap and then in foil. You want it to be well covered so the rice won’t dry out. Freeze it for up to 4 months.
What To Serve with Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole?
I like to serve it with a tomato, cucumber, red onion, and avocado salad, dressed with balsamic vinaigrette.
For dessert, my family loves apple crumble. It is very easy to make, and you can bake it at the same time.
- Remember to season the chicken well. Add enough salt, pepper, and spices so that it turns out flavorful. Since you are not browning the chicken, you need to add enough flavor.
- When pouring the rice mixture into the baking dish, use a fork to distribute all the ingredients evenly throughout the casserole.
- Check the rice for donnes before taking the casserole out of the oven.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Non stick cooking spray
- 1- 10.75 oz can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 ⅓ cups of water
- ¾ cup long-grain rice
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Season the chicken breasts, on both sides, with mustard powder, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper .
- In a large bowl, mix condensed cream of chicken, water, rice, and veggies .
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 9 x 9-inch casserole dish with nonstick spray and pour the rice and soup mixture evenly on the bottom .
- Place the seasoned chicken breasts on top and bake uncovered for 45 minutes .
- 5 minutes before the cooking time is over, sprinkle shredded cheese over each chicken breast .