Stop looking for the perfect pot roast recipe. This is it. Perfectly tender, juicy, and flavorful 3 envelope roast. Honestly, I had my doubts about this one, but oh man, was I surprised!
Who would’ve thought a 3 packet roast would be so easy to make and yet so great tasting? My family raved about it. The sauce is amazing, and the veggies were tender and absorbed all its great flavor.
I can’t say enough great things about this recipe. This is, from now on, my go-to recipe for pot roast. No doubts about it.
How To Make Pot Roast?
- Slice the onion and chop the carrots, potatoes, and celery into desired sizes.
- Place the prepped veggies and roast inside the pot of your slow cooker.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the water with the Italian dressing mix, Ranch dressing mix, and brown gravy mix, until dissolved and well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the meat and veggies, place the lid on and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8.
Making Pot Roast Gravy
This is the most amazing thing about the recipe. The gravy makes itself in the slow cooker. By mixing these three envelopes so full of flavor, you will get the most perfect, silky, and flavorful gravy ever.
At first, I thought it wouldn’t be thick enough, but I was wrong. It thickens as the roast finishes cooking.
You have to give it the full 4 hours, or a few more minutes if you feel it is not thick enough, but it will be perfect at the end. Believe me.
- You can brown the roast for added flavor before putting it into the slow cooker. I didn’t, and my roast was perfect.
- Test the meat for tenderness after the 4-hour mark. If it is not tearing apart easily, give it a few more minutes until it does.
- Do not add extra salt to this recipe. The mix for the gravy is already perfectly seasoned, and the meat comes out perfectly.
- Serve it while it’s still hot and with more gravy on the side. It makes quite a bit.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 8 baby potatoes, quartered
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 1 envelope of dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope of dry Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope of dry brown gravy mix
- 2 cups of water
- Prep your veggies
- Place the veggies and chuck roast inside the pot of your slow cooker
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the water with the Italian dressing mix, Ranch dressing mix, and brown gravy mix until dissolved and well combined
- Pour mixture into the pot over the meat and veggies, place the lid on, and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8.