I don’t know you, but I find it easier to think of recipes for entrees than for side dishes. I am always making the same thing because I think about them at the last minute. And veggie side dishes seem to be the last of the last.
So, I decided that enough is enough, and I looked up green bean recipes (I like green beans) and found these amazing green beans with bacon and potatoes. The best part is, I had a can of green beans in my pantry, so I didn’t have to cook them. Another veggie that I really enjoy is Brussels sprouts, and these are The Best Brussels Sprouts of Your Life, seriously! I have found that if I add cheese to veggies, my kids will eat them, so I also love making The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup, and Best Cauliflower Soup Recipe to sneak veggies into the meal.
How Do I Make Green Beans And Potatoes?
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter and saute the onions and potatoes with the black pepper until the potatoes are tender. I recommend cooking them with the lid on and stirring occasionally.
- Once the potatoes are tender, Add the bacon, garlic powder, ranch dressing mix, drained green beans, and salt if needed. Cook just until everything is heated through.
- Sprinkle the fresh parsley on top and serve.
Can I Use Canned Green Beans?
Yes, that’s the beauty of this recipe. Just be careful when adding them in, not to break them. Fold them in gently and cook until heated through so they don’t break apart.
- If you don’t want to cook bacon for this recipe, look for real bacon bits in your grocery store. Not the fake ones used for salad. There are real bacon bits, usually in the same alley.
- Be gentle when adding canned green beans. They are already cooked and soft.
- You can also use frozen green beans, and I prefer the ones that come in the steamable bag. Just pop them in the microwave for 5 minutes and then add them to the skillet.
Green Beans, Bacon and Potatoes Recipe
A delicious way to eat your veggies!
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ⅓ cup onion, thinly sliced
- 8 baby red potatoes, quartered
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing mix
- 1- 14.5 oz can green beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt to taste (if needed)
- In a medium-sized skillet, melt the butter and cook the onions, potatoes, and pepper, with the lid on, until the potatoes are tender for about 6 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the green beans, garlic powder, ranch dressing mix, and bacon, and cook until everything is heated through. Check the seasoning and add salt if necessary. Sprinkle the fresh parsley on top, and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 6gCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 3.6g