Who doesn’t like mac and cheese? For me, it is one of the ultimate comfort foods and a sure hit at the dinner table. Make some Patti LaBelle’s mac and cheese if you want your kids to eat everything on their plates.
It is so much more flavorful than regular mac and cheese. I like that she uses beaten eggs in her recipe, thus making it more nutritious. Eggs give this recipe a unique texture that we enjoy.
Not to mention how cheesy and tasty it is because of the 6 cheese mix she uses! If you are a mac and cheese lover, you must try Patti LaBelle’s macaroni and cheese recipe.
I don’t know what it is about macaroni pasta, but my kids just love anything with it. Hamburger Macaroni Soup Recipe (Ready in 35 Mins!), is another of their favorite meals, as is Cheesy Hamburger Casserole.
How To Make Patti Labelle’s Mac and Cheese?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish or a 2 ½ quart baking dish.
- Cook the macaroni pasta until just al dente (slightly undercooked). Drain and return the macaroni to the pot. Add the melted butter.
- Pour in the half and half, add half of the shredded cheeses, cubed Velveeta, salt, pepper, paprika, mustard, and parsley. Mix everything up while the pasta is still hot.
- Spoon the mac and cheese onto the baking dish and top with the remaining shredded cheeses.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
How To Reheat Patti Labelle’s Mac and Cheese?
You can use the oven or the microwave. Either way, add about a tablespoon of milk for each cup of mac and cheese you wish to reheat.
If you use the oven, place the mac and cheese with milk in a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes.
If you are using a microwave, place the mac and cheese with milk in a microwave-safe dish and cook on high for 2 minutes. Stir and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Repeat this until it is piping hot.
- Do not overcook the pasta. Remember you have to bake it. If you overcook it, it will turn out too soft and mushy.
- If you are not feeding children, try adding ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper for an additional spice kick.
- Serve the mac and cheese piping hot. Cheese tends to harden as it cools down.
- Please shred your cheese. Pre-shredded cheeses do not melt appropriately because they have anti-caking ingredients added to them to keep them from sticking together.
- 1- 16 oz macaroni pasta package
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- ½ cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 ½ cups half and half
- 8 oz velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and butter a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Cook macaroni until al dente. Just slightly undercooked. Drain and return to the pot. Add the melted butter, half and half, salt, ground mustard, paprika, parsley, pepper, cubed Velveeta, and half of the shredded cheeses. Mix everything until well blended.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle what is left of the shredded cheeses on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 595Total Fat: 27gCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 21g