If you are ever in a rush but want to eat something delicious that makes great leftovers, sausage and potatoes are the way to go. All the prepping needed is to slice and chop a few things, place everything in a baking pan, season, bake, and serve.
Chopped bell peppers, minced garlic and onions, and sundried tomatoes make simple potatoes and sausage into a great meal.
How To Make Sausage and Potatoes?
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Place the butter on the baking sheet or pan and into the oven while preheating to melt.
- Place the sliced sausage, cubed potatoes, chopped onions, sun-dried tomatoes, bell peppers, and minced garlic on the baking sheet with the melted butter. Toss to coat everything with melted butter.
- Sprinkle them with spices, salt, and pepper. Bake for one hour, mixing everything up every 20 minutes to allow everything to cook evenly.
Can You Freeze Sausage and Potatoes?
Yes, you can. Wait for everything to cool completely, place into a freezer bag and freeze for up to 4 months. Don’t forget to label it with the date.
Here’s another potato recipe that freezes well Homemade Scalloped Potatoes and they are amazing!
- When chopping the veggies, try to be the same size, so everything cooks evenly.
- Don’t forget to mix everything every 20 minutes to ensure even cooking and browning.
- If you can’t eat dairy, you can use 3 tablespoons of oil instead of the butter.
- 1 - 14 oz package Eckrich skinless smoked sausage, sliced
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ stick butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Place the butter in a baking sheet or pan and into the oven to melt while the oven preheats.
- Place the sliced sausage, potatoes, onion, garlic, bell peppers, and sun tomatoes on the baking sheet and sprinkle spices, salt, and pepper on top. Bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are cooked, and the sausage is brown, mixing every 20 minutes or so.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473Total Fat: 32gCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 11g