My family loves slow cooker pulled chicken sandwiches, and I love them too because they are the easiest thing to make. This pulled chicken recipe practically makes itself. All you have to do is place all ingredients in the crock pot, cook, and shred. Nothing beats this slow-cooker bbq chicken!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts: 3 large ones, or 2 lbs
- Bbq sauce: one cup of your favorite bbq sauce
- Onion: ⅓ cup shredded onion. Be sure to include the juice
- Worcestershire sauce: 1 ½ tablespoons are enough to impart lots of flavors
- Brown sugar: if you used honey bbq sauce, I would omit the sugar unless you like it on the sweeter side
- Cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and mustard powder for extra flavor
How To Make Shredded Chicken?
This pulled chicken crock pot recipe makes itself!
- Place all ingredients into the crock pot
- Stir everything until well combined and the chicken breasts are well covered with sauce
- Cook on high for 3 hours, or on low for 5-6 hours
- Remove the chicken breasts and shred them using two forks
- Place the shredded chicken back into the crock pot with the sauce and mix until well combined
What To Serve With Pulled Chicken?
Most of the time I use this pulled chicken recipe to make sandwiches, and my family loves to have them with the Best Fried Pickles Recipe on the side.
You can also take them to potluck parties with Classic Chicken Salad Sandwiches!
Can You Freeze Pulled Chicken?
You definitely can! It’s always a great idea to make this pulled chicken crock pot recipe and freeze it for a go-to meal when you don’t have time to cook!
Let the pulled chicken cool completely and store it in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Store It?
If you have any leftovers, place them in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 4 days, or freeze them for up to 3 months. Remember to always label the food you freeze with the date.
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup shredded onion (juice included)
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- Place all ingredients inside the crockpot, give them a good stir and cook on high for 3 hours, or on low for 5-6. Shred the cooked chicken using two forks and return to the pot. Mix with the sauce until well combined and serve!