Making one of America’s most loved recipes, homemade meatloaf, just became really easy. If you thought it was time-consuming, think again. Making this 4 ingredient meatloaf with Stove Top stuffing instead of having to use breadcrumbs and herbs is just a fabulous shortcut for the best meatloaf recipe ever. It comes out juicy, tender, and very flavorful.
The meatloaf ingredients used include one pound of ground beef, one box of Stove Top stuffing, one egg, and one cup of water. In fact, we could actually call it a 3 ingredient meatloaf if we don’t count the water!
How To Make Meatloaf
Making Of The Meatloaf:
- In a big bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, Stove Top stuffing, and water. Use your hands to make sure all ingredients are well mixed and integrated.
- You can either press the mixture into a loaf pan or do as I did and free-form it into a loaf shape and place it on a baking dish or baking sheet.
- Bake it for one hour or until the meatloaf is fully cooked all the way through.
Making The Glaze:
- If you wish to add a glaze, use a small bowl to mix together the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Place the free-formed meatloaf in a baking dish or baking sheet, and brush the top and sides with the glaze.
- Cover the glazed meatloaf loosely with foil and bake for 30 mins. Remove the foil and bake an additional 30 mins or until the meatloaf is cooked all the way through.
If you make glazed meatloaf, you don’t need to make an additional sauce. The glaze is made by mixing together two tablespoons of ketchup, two teaspoons of prepared mustard, two tablespoons of brown sugar, two teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce, ¼ teaspoons of garlic and onion powders.
If you don’t choose to glaze your meatloaf and want to add a sauce, you can make a brown gravy by bringing 2 cups of beef broth to a boil, add 2 tsp garlic powder, 2 teaspoons onion powder, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
To this, whisk in a slurry of ¼ cup water mixed with 3 tbsp cornstarch and cook until thickened.
How To Keep Meatloaf From Falling Apart?
First of all, that is why we add an egg. Eggs are the “glue” that holds all the ingredients together by binding them to each other.
Second, don’t slice the meatloaf immediately after taking it out of the oven. Let it rest for a few minutes before slicing. As the meatloaf cools down a bit, it holds its shape better.
If you have any leftovers, wait for them to cool down to room temperature and place them in an airtight container and into the fridge for up to 4 days or the freezer for up to 4 months.
If you are freezing your leftovers, remember to label them with the date, so you know by what date you have to consume them.
Check Out This Awesome, Italian Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I use 93% lean)
- 1 egg
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing (your favorite flavor)
- 1 cup water
For the glaze (optional):
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a big bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, Stove Top stuffing, and water.
- Free-form the mixture into a loaf and place it on a baking dish. You can also use a loaf pan and press the meat mixture in the pan.
- If you wish to make the glazed crust, mix the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Brush the glaze over the top and sides of the meatloaf. Loosely cover with foil and bake for 30 mins. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the meatloaf is fully cooked.